Chapter 10 [TW⚠️]

Start from the beginning

"You think Raspberry will be alright? With Astral I mean! I hope he figures the truth out soon..." The blonde chewed on his thumbs nail, he couldn't help but constantly think about telling Akashi about the truth behind Rentaro and Astral, but he couldn't stand seeing His roommate so distraught again.

"Sweetie, he has Takeshi looking after him, and Landon said he was going to keep a careful eye on them" Haruka placed his book back on the shelf in the same place it was homed before it caught his eye. Takeshi was backed to a corner because of Rentaro. What can he do?

"Takeshi was backed into a corner That time by Rentaro... And Landon wasn't around that day to help! How... Can we be so sure the same thing won't happen... it's not... Simple." Ruki closed his eyes, his voice trailed off at the end, he himself didn't quite know what to say. He lazily stuffed A fry into his mouth he collected them from the Food Hall earlier, so they were a little soggy and maybe a tad bit cold but that didn't matter.

"Takeshi is stronger and more mature now, he knows what's best through trial and error. Plus he has Landon by his side - Hell, Landon would rather behead himself than allow his boss to get hurt" Haruka paused for a moment and looked at Ruki, continuing to add to his small speech "or make a fatal mistake"

"Maybe... But there are times when even Takeshi can't help us... And what happens if Landon isn't around, He wouldn't protect us, he'd protect Takeshi-"

"Wrong" A voice huffed out in a drowsy tone. The only person that could've been was Landon

"Eh?"

"Takeshi is close to me, yes. And I'll do anything he asks of me like a lap dog, yes" the Hybrid turned to face us "But there's someone else I'd do anything for too-"

"Landon! I thought I told you not to scare the weaker demons?!" Takeshi screeched from down the hallway. Landon gasped, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Catch me if you can Shi-Shi!" The grey-haired male snickered with an evil undertone. Ruki watched as Harukas cheeks dusted a soft Pink. Ruki smirked after the Hybrid boy left, he hummed and closed his book delicately, sneaking a glance at his friend.

"Haruka~...What's with the blush?" He purred out.

"Hey! Trap shut mister." The light brown haired Vampire shook his head and tilted it back, it was a barely noticeable sign that the Bloodsucker was tired. It was reasonable, the pair had been revising for almost five hours with minimal breaks. "Let's go to your dorm, we've been looking at books for way too long" he concluded.

He bent his legs, but barely, Stretching them as he watched his younger friend, someone he deeply cared for like a younger brother or son, get up, gathering his books swiftly and placing them back on their rightful shelves, making it seem like they were never even touched in the first place.

"I swear you're old" The blonde cackled, looking at Haruka who was beside him, walking casually, through the corner of his precious eyes.

"Yea, I'm older than you, that's for sure" Haruka retorted, going along with the playful argument Ruki had started. That's not what I meant dumb dumb.

"May I remind you you're older than me by only one or two years, that's it." Ruki elbowed Harukas delicate frame, who felt a small jab of pain. "That's not a lot!"

"Hmm, maybe. Don't elbow my side again Mister Vanilla" The vampire shook his head in dislike, his waist and hips were his most vulnerable spots to Rukis Elbow jabs, The younger demon knew that and always took advantage of it, taking Haruka off his guard and then making his attack. "So. This Rentaro problem, has he approached you yet?"

Ruki stopped suddenly, almost as if he ran into an invisible wall. "No.." He said in reply. "Thankfully...but he has something planned, that much is clear to us all" Ruki Bit the inside of his cheek, of course, Ruki was never alright, he was always anxious, Rentaro could just pop up out of nowhere and suddenly take advantage of Ruki once again, but that was always normal to Ruki, he just hoped Rentaro wouldn't stoop as low as to get Akashi involved.