51. Escape the Shitty Town

Börja om från början

"Taehyung, where's this going?" She sighed, unable to respond to his questions.

He stared calmly at her with much concern drowning his pupils. He breathed out slowly. "May I be honest with you?"

Though perplexed to where this was going, she nodded carefully. She turned her form as she waited for him to speak up.

"You don't need Imuwa in your life anymore."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You should—no, you need to leave Imuwa. Leave that shitty town to do what you're truly destined to do." He explained before shifting his body towards her. "Penny, you have so much potential in your life that you're not using. You're more than your history, more than what you've done in Imuwa, you're more than what Imuwa has to offer you. Leave and come to this part of the world. The part of the world where there are so many opportunities for you."

She grew flustered. It's not that she didn't want to hear it, but she just didn't really see herself doing all that he advised. Though she's seen people leave town, her mindset was strictly within Imuwa, contained in Imuwa, not once did she ever think about leaving.

Not disagreeing entirely, but she shook her head, "Taehyung, no. What are you talking about? Imuwa is where I belong. I-I-I don't think I'm cut up for this. I can't."

"I know the lifestyle I have or even being in a big city is difficult but I don't believe you when you say that your place in life is in Imuwa." He wasn't supportive of her explanations. He knew she was trying to convince herself out of it.

"You know it's not easy for me. I don't wanna just drop everything I have to come here." She countered, still shaking her head. "I'm leaving my life behind."

"I understand it's not easy. Believe me, I know." He grinned mildly when he recalled his time back in Imuwa. "But I believe so much in you, Penny, for you to continue living in a place that won't even appreciate all that you've done."

He analyzed her puzzled expression. It was as if she was in an internal battle with what she thought she wanted to what she truly needed. She didn't know what to think. She was faced with two different wavelengths, two paths, two different futures, but which did she actually belong to.

"I know they still think of you as the poor girl, and not in the way you see it as now." Taehyung continued as he brought her hand to his lips. "You're not leaving your life behind because you haven't even started your life. You only survived." He rubbed his thumb over her skin and comforted her through a smile of reassurance. "But not anymore. You're gonna start it and you're gonna do well. Like I said, don't limit yourself."

She couldn't fully process his speech despite being very persuasive. It kinda scared her. Change was inevitable but this type of change she had a choice to do.

She had no idea, where to even begin. She had no plan if she moved out of town. Though She did love Taehyung, was it enough for her to get out of her so-called destiny in Imuwa? Was it even her fate to stay there?

"This is too much for me to handle." She overanalyzed every thought in her brain to the point she questioned where she'd buy her groceries or how she'll move her things if she came to the city. She needed all the answers before making a decision.

"Which is why I'm here to help." Taehyung chimed as he had a set plan for his Sweetheart. He knew she wanted solutions on everything first. "Now as much as I want it to happen, you don't even need to stay with me. Of course, I'm gonna say it again that I'd love for you to live with me because I'm biased and I love you." He giggled before she curved her lips. "But you can be anywhere you'd like as long as you leave Imuwa for you to grow."