Chapter 7

Calista, David and Mary Margaret watched as Regina tried to teach Emma her magic by lighting their campfire. Killian walked up behind them, "We need to talk," Killian whispered and the three walked with him till they were out of earshot of Emma and Regina, "Pan paid me a visit. He, uh... he told me that Neal is alive, that he's on this very island," Killian said.

"What?" Calista said.

"Emma saw him. He was shot, he fell through a portal. No one could survive that," Mary Margaret said.

"Well, he did, and now he's here. He said he took from this very call while we were off in his cave," Killian said.

"According to Pan, if he's telling the truth," Mary Margaret said.

"And, uh, why would he tell you? What does he hope to gain?" David asked?

"Who knows why he does anything? He has his reasons, but it's a sure bet they're not good ones," Killian said.

"He's telling the truth," Mary Margaret led them to a tree with broken branches, "Tracks and a scuffle. Someone was here while we were gone. We have to tell her," Mary Margaret said.

Mart Margaret went to walk to Emma to tell her the but Calista stopped her, "No, no, no. She already lost Bae once and if this is game, which you can't be too careful with Pan, we cannot put her through losing him again," Calista said.

"She's right. Either way, telling her is what Pan wants, which is why we shouldn't do it," Killian said.

"You want to find him without letting her know?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Why hurt her unnecessarily?" Killian asked.

"I've never lied to her before," Mary Margaret said.

"You've never had the chance to," Calista countered, "And you're not lying, you're just keeping a secret until confirmation," Calista said.

"Secrets always seem to keep us from the people we really care about," Mary Margaret said.

"And sometimes secrets protect the people we love," David said and Mary Margaret sighed then nodded.

The four of them started packing up for their journey, "If we're gonna hide this, we need a good cover story," Mary Margaret said.

"Done," David said.

"Can do," Calista said.

"That's not a problem," Killian said.

"Where you guys going?" Emma asked as she walked up to them.

"Firewood/To get water," Killian and David said at the same time.

"Guys, what's going on?" Emma asked.

"Neal's alive," Mary Margaret told her.

"Neal i... is... Alive?" Emma said.