あたしはママじゃないですけど。第11話

Mulai dari awal

NAOMI

What changed?

何が変わったの?

RYU

Since my parents knew they had enemies, they had a will. I spent my life savings on a lawyer who found their life insurance plus a huge uncollected insurance policy for the house and it's contents including a full 12 space garage.

親は敵を持ってを知っていたから、彼らには遺言書があった。俺は彼らの生命保険を見つけた弁護士に俺の命の節約を費やした、そして家や中身や一杯12のスペースガレージのための巨大な未回収の保険契約を含みますも見つけた。

NAOMI

You could do all that without a guardian?

あんたは保護者なしでそんなに多くを成し遂げることができるの?

RYU

It's what the research was for. I thought we had nothing and would have to squat in this house forever. When I disrespected that social worker, I knew we were in serious trouble without him. I did something stupid and risky, but the lawyer made it all legal.

それが研究の目的でした。この家に永遠に不法占拠するしかないのだと思った。その児童福祉労働者を軽蔑したとき、俺は彼なしでは深刻な問題に直面していることを知っていた。俺は愚かで危険なことをしたのに、弁護士はそれをすべて合法にした。

NAOMI

Yikes. That was quite the gamble to invest your life savings.

うわぁ。あんたの命の節約を全部投資するのはけっこやばいじゃん。

RYU

They wouldn't have lasted the year. It was all or nothing. I was looking for work or any quick fix before I got the idea to make a legal claim.

それは一年で食えのに十分なかねじゃなかった。それはオールオアナッシングの賭けでした。法的な請求をするという考えを得る前に、俺は雇用や迅速な解決策を探した。

NAOMI

So that remark about me working to make a living was super insensitive?

それで、あたしが生計を立てるために働いているというその発言は、非常に鈍感でしたか?

RYU

I'm over it. Once the property and financial stuff was in progress I researched things to do for Yukie.

お前はいつもそうからいいす。財産と財政の問題が解決したら、俺は雪恵がやるべきことを調べた。

NAOMI

So she couldn't do what she wanted all summer?

それで、彼女は夏の間ずっとやりたかったことをすることができなかった

RYU

We mostly just tolerated each other until the fire, but she was used to having someone to talk to all the time, so she talked to me. Which was ok for the first day.

俺たちは火事までお互いを容認でけしていたけど、彼女はいつも誰かと話すことに慣れていたから、彼女は俺に話しかけた。最初の1日は平気けどその後はちょっと...

NAOMI

It's different to going to school and spending time apart.

一緒に家にいることは、学校に行って離れて過ごすこととは全然違うよな。