CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.

Depuis le début

After the greetings, they kept teasing me about marriage and pregnancy, I ducked my head shyly my cheeks heating up.

I wonder why everyone is disturbing me with marriage. I thought in my head as I stood up to leave.

When passing by the parlour, I met two women sitted in the parlour obviously gossiping.

I was about to leave when a word they said caught my attention,
"Isn't this the girl who chose the filthy career of modelling?". The first woman spoke inf form of whisper but I heard.

"Yes she is o, it is such a shame!". The second woman exclaimed.

I shook my head, people will always talk no matter what you do, and I will never allow their words to get to my head, so what if am a model? I choose to be and there's no backing down, Allah knows am doing this base on halaal.

They weren't even ashamed of gossipping about me in my presence.

I went to the garden to meet the baby mama and her baby.

I saw the girls clicking some photos with Amina and the baby and so I proceeded to join them. After several photos I asked for the baby's name.

"The name is ruqayya, noorul huda".hauwa answered. That was when I noticed her presence.

"So the queen bee has finally arrived". I glared at her.

"Yeah Whatever". She uttered sitting down.

"Allah dai ya shirye ki (may Allah guide you)". I prayed. She yelled an ameen before
Going back to her phone.

We left the people out in the garden.

"Girls let's eat". I offered placing the tray of food in the middle, we all sat in circle ready to dig in.

"Ahhh finally food!". Cutie exclaimed. My partner.

"You don't know anything apart from food". Nabeelah rolled her eyes.

"Thank god we eat and people see it in us, some people that eat but still look like toothpicks in wrapper nko?". I asked sarcastically. Cutie laughed out loud eanring her a glare from her sister.

We eat our food silently while sipping on our hibiscus drink.

After eating, we snapped more pictures before finally calling it a day.

We didn't leave until after Isha.

I left with nabeelah in the same car while cutie left with hauwa.

"Hauwa drives crazily just as I want, unlike ya nabeelah who drives like a snail". Cutie had said before flying to hauwa's car.

We drove in perfect silence, the air conditioner humming lowly and a soft music playing.

I was too busy looking at zayden's picture, the one I took in the plane while he was sleeping.
I smiled absentmindedly as I trace my fingers on the face.

Love is indeed blind.

I got out of my reverie when I heard series of giggles around me. I turned to meet with two pair of eyes and a single camera looking at me.

I didn't realise when we reached home or even when they all got down to look at me, I was lost in my bubble staring at the love of my life ya Allah now I'll never hear the end of it.

"What why are you all standing and looking at me?". I glared at them feigning pretence. They burst into laughter.

"You think we are blind just like you? My dear you were staring at zayden's picture absentmindedly, tracing his face with your fingers. The thing has exceeded my thought". Hauwa started the obvious.
I rolled my eyes.