Chapter 66

Hello there. This chapter is quite long, but needed. Hope you can understand.

As usual, two warning to mind. Read carefully. Always care of yourself !
—————————————————

The room was in the dark, curtains drawn to block the sun from entering and disturbing the resting person laying in the bed. She was on her back, her head on a pillow, her small slender hands on each side of her body over the cover that was pulled to her armpits. Her light dark hair had been whipped out of her face with a wet towel by the young man hovering at her side.

She didn't blink, didn't move. She wasn't expressing any kind of emotion nor any of the pains she must by feeling. Psychologically or physically she was unresponsive to anything and everything around her. She was broken, she couldn't hear anything nor cared to anyway.

« How are you feeling today Ji Su-ya ? » asked softly Hyeon Jae.

He was seating on the edge of the bed, his legs hanging outside of it. A bucket of water was put in front of him where he could rince the wet cloth as he was gently cleaning the unresponsive body next to him. The fact that he continued to speak and ask questions with almost no blank was a good indication that he wasn't waiting for an answer. His whispering voice was the only noise in the room and it was only aimed at the wounded person. To try and get through her.

« Did your sister come today ? She is worried about you, you know. I have tried to talk to her again about the cancellation of our engagement but she hasn't agreed yet. But don't worry, I will convince her. » Hyeon Jae faintly smiled and got closer to Ji Su's ear, whispering for only her « You are the only one I love. »

Weirdly enough those words went through Ji Su's haze, making her blink one or two times as she registered the information. Against her will, she had waited for those words and had fought the hope to ever hear them again.

« You are so precious to me. Seeing you, has always been my personal remedy for any difficulties. Just the fact that I can meet you at some point in the day, make it worth it to go along with anything. Since the first time I had laid my eyes on you, you were the one for me. I am sorry, I took so long to realize it, to understand my feelings, so long that you got hurt while waiting. The promise I made you, I will keep it ! I will protect you. »

The confession, the obvious sincerity in his voice as well as the tenderness she could feel in the light touch he was dropping on her hands, face and hair was breaking Ji Su's blocked and wounded heart. She was begining to feel again. Anxiety, panic, exhaustion and frustration were taking over her numbness. Tears were escaping from her blinking eyes, a silent, breathless cry going out of her opened lips. Hyeon Jae's heartfelt words were slowly warming her raw heart. Her hand clutched, a visible manifestation of her struggles, of her internal torments.

It's only when she felt his stronger and bigger hand in hers that she finally let out whimpers, later on increasing to a loud cry. She couldn't stop crying now, her emotional breakdown was overwhelming and needed to get out. Rolling toward Hyeon Jae, she put her head in his lap, burying her face in his toned abs and clutching on his shirt with her second hand.

His gentle humming and loving, comforting, mumbles were what was helping her calm down after all her pant up emotions vanished with her tears. Exhausted by the crying mess, she didn't want to move and just shoved her face closer to him, fearing that he would disappear.

« Shush, I'm right here. » he whispered « Lay down on the bed. »

As she protested wordlessly, he chuckled, stroking her hair.