Chapter 36

« Let's get you somewhere warmer first. » continued Liam, leading them out of the campus.

He hadn't let go of Dean's hand. And the said man didn't fight his grip, scampering by his side under the rain. Neither of them had an umbrella and were taking shelter under the shops' sunshade veil as they ran in the street. Liam seemed to have a specific place he wanted to go as he didn't stop to enter any of the bars or coffee shops they passed over.

The strong hand that was holding his, released him, when they entered through an old three stories high building's door. Not even ten minutes away from the campus. Dean was surprised but didn't utter any protest at the empty feeling Liam's hand had left him with. Clenching his hand by his side, he looked at the entrance hallway where they currently were. Right before them was a long corridor covered by mirrors on one side and rows of letter boxes on the other. Judging from the narrow space the building seemed from the 70's or before.

« Come on. » let out Liam.

He was ruffling his wet brown hair back on his head, showing off his slender eyes, high nose and sharp jawline. Droplets from the rain scattered all around him as Liam tried to get most of it to fall away from his clothes. Dean gulped while looking at the dreamy vision, his heart running a marathon in his ribcage. Too many thoughts were crossing paths in his mind and he couldn't begin to understand where he was led to. Rubbing his face and whipping the rain drops away from his eyes, he calmly followed the tall man to the, again very narrow, stairs framing a tiny elevator. He passedly wondered if they would have fit together in the cabine if they had boarded it.

He didn't have to climb too far as Liam stopped in front of one of the three doors on the second floor. He took a set of tinklings keys out of his coat pocket and Dean finally registered that they weren't going to any shop but instead to the older man's personal flat. Nervousness crept up his spine, settling in the back of his head.

As they entered, Liam bent down to crouch on the floor, calling out softly a name that Dean couldn't make out. Intrigued, he closed the door behind him and didn't move, waiting to see what was going to happen. Not long after he heard the sound of little paws running on the wooden floor accompanied by joyful meows.

The softest smile appeared on Liam's lips, his hands reaching to grab the bouncing kitten who didn't stop and rubbed himself all over the tall man's lanky legs. Said man chuckled lovingly and stood up, his hand slimming on the tree-colored soft fur.

The unexpected tenderness of this meeting made Dean's heart melt down. He couldn't take his eyes off of the duo. Even though the French man was muscular and toned, all his body was screaming that not one ounce of it would hurt the little being in his hands. It was something that no one could have resisted, just like Dean was utterly moved by the sight.

« Take off your shoes by the entrance and come in. »

The stern voice caught Dean off guard as he had relaxed to Liam and the kitten's lovely reunion. In contrast, his voice had lost a few octaves and wasn't as welcoming. Dean couldn't miss the change of tone nor avoid the hurt it caused, even though he should have known better.

Obeying, he entered further into the flat. The place consisted of a big lounge where, the younger man could guess, some of the furniture were made by the chocolate haired man. Beams were visible on the ceiling as well as around the windows. On his left and right were two closed doors, a hallway was visible at the back of the lounge.

The owner of the place came out from the hallway, holding onto two towels, the kitten balancing calmly on one of his shoulders. Throwing him one towel, Liam used the other one to wipe his face, and hair. He had taken off his coat and disappeared behind the door, on Dean's left.