- Chapter 4 - Fire & Ice: Sub-Zero & Scorpion -

Sub-Zero was spying on the Factory and he noticed that Hanzo was spying on him and turned around. "Your hearing is failing, Sub-Zero." "I recognized your footsteps, Hanzo." Hanzo put his sword back into his socket and said "Where's Sektor? I will not let him threaten my clan again." He said. "The old Cyber Lin Kuei factory was defunct, buried beneath this quarry-- until the time desruption." "Now, Sektor's returned and reactivated it. He's building an army by processing Lin Kuei warriors kidnapped from my temple." Sub-Zero said.

"I can see why you need me." Hanzo replied. "We could enter through that tunnel, but a frontal assault would be..." "Bloody." Scorpion/ Hanzo said. "Needlessly dangerous. There's another entrance, less populated--" Sub-Zero said, turning the Microscope in Scorpion's to the place he was talking about. "And the rest of your plan?" "We get help on the inside." The two snuck behind a Cyber and stabbed him, then walked inside of the factory. When they made it in, it was very messy and Sub-Zero looked around to see it all, then he seen his Lin Kuei symbol on the floor and picked it up. Scorpion felt bad and put a hand on Sub-Zero's shoulder. "We'll avenge your clan." They both noticed that someone was coming and hid behind the same thing.

They both see Cyrax and Frost walk inside the room, who was happened to be a target, and it was Cyrax. "Cyrax is your inside man?" Scorpion asked. "He was converted against his will. If we disable the behavior inhibitors that control him--" Sub-Zero replied. "He will turn on Sektor." "All Cyber Lin Kuei are linked to a common network. Cyrax can shut them down from within." "Who is the woman?" Hanzo questioned. "I don't know. Focus on disabling Cyrax. He's the key." Sub-Zero replied. "We require additional candidates for cyberization."

"Once delivered, how long before the next generation is ready?" Frost said, and Sub-Zero froze her. Scorpion attacked Cyrax, and Frost broke free, Sub-Zero was surprised to see her pupil. "I have you a home. I was your mentor. Yet after all this, you ally with Sektor? He corrupted the Lin Kuei!" "You corrupted the our clan when you made peace with this Shirai Thu filth! With Kronika's help, I will restore the Lin Kuei's honor." Frost said. "Keep Cyrax alive. We need him." Sub-Zero said to Scorpion. "There's no future in which you are fit to lead the Lin Kuei." "You always doubted me, Sub-Zero. Held me back. Kronika sees my try potential."
--------
"You deceive yourself, Frost." Sub-Zero said to her, who was on the floor, cold. Then Sub-Zero joined up with Scorpion and he said "The upgrade, Cyrax. Is this Kronika's doing?" "To better serve her, Sub-Zero. We defend Kronika as she re-writes history." Cyrax explained. "So your nothing but pawns?" Scorpion asked. "We act to secure the Lin Kuei's glory in the New Era." Cyrax said. "I'll deal with Cyrax." Hanzo said. Sub-Zero froze the rest of the robots while Scorpion dealt with Cyrax. "You will be forced to serve." "I've been down that road, Cyrax. Never again."
----------
"No oned should be a slave." Sub-Zero got down and fixed him baxck to his normal self. "Hurry, before we face more Cyber Lin Kuei." "He'll need a moment to initialize." Scorpion then was hit and he realized that either Sektor or Noob Saibot was in their location. "Sektor? Show yourself!" The dark figure then appeared and it was, Noob, Sub-Zero's brother. "Reconize me, little brother?" He asked. "Bi-han?!" "Yes. It is I." "You were killed, swallowed in a storm of souls." Scorpion said.

"Quan Chi's creations do not die so easily. Kronika offers me a new clan to lead. It's shadow will darken the realms." Sub-Zero decided to handle his brother and let Scorpion know. "You always mimicked me. But you make a poor Grandmaster." Noob Saibot said. "I uphold the Lin Kuei principles I thought you shared."
-------------
"We share blood. We are not brothers." They walked over to Cyrax and he noticed the two in front of him. "No. He ripped out my heart. Made me a machine." "Your soul is intact, Cyrax. Trust me, I speak from experience." "Kuai Liang, is that you? You look so old. And Scorpion?" "We'll explain later. For now, know we share the same goal: the Cyber Lin Kuei's destruction." "We need your help, Cyrax." Sub-Zero said.

"I can disable their communications network. It'll shut down this factory and every Cyber Lin Kuei connected to it." Cyrax said after he had his moment. Some missiles came towards the three and Cyrax stopped them. Sektor then walked up and said "Frost warned me that you two had became allies. I did not think you capable of such dishonor, Sub-Zero." "Aid Cyrax. Sektor is mine."

Both Sub-Zero and Sektor used there fire and ice to fight one another. "I've taken you head once, Sektor. I will do it again." Sub-Zero said. "The past you know is no longer set." "The Cyber Lin Kuei will usher in Kronika's New Era."
-----------
"The Cyber Lin Kuei are finished." Sub-Zero said to Sektor. Cyrax then signed himself into the network and turned to Kuai Liang. "I'm in. I'll reformat the system drives and shut us all down. Goodbye, Kuai Liang." "It is not the end. I will find a way to restore you. Anything is possible. Hanzo and I are living proof." "Please, don't bring me back as a machine. I can't live like this." Cyrax said, sounding sad. "Machine or man, you have a warrior's soul. As long as I am Grandmaster, the Lin Kuei will welcome you." Sub-Zero told Cyrax. "Then until we meet again." They gave another a handshake and went to shut the Factory down.

Kronika's pets then escaped and the two noticed it. "They escaped. We should pursue." Scorpion said. "First we speak with Raiden." They stared at the body down before them.
----------
Geras, Erron, and Kano walked and talked all the way into the room, and seen Sektor while Erron and Kano made a deal. Then they seen the other Kano and realized that they look the same, but in a different way.