- Chapter 3 - Shaolin Monks: Liu Kang and Kung Lao -

"I died in the Koliseum. You on a rooftop, fighting Lord Raiden?" "Our future, Liu Kang. It is insane!" Kung Lao said. "Obsessing over it will not change it." "Neither will accepting our destiny as evil undead warlords." "I'm not. But we can't change a future we don't fully understand. Lord Raiden will guide us." Liu Kang said. "Can we trust him? It appears he got us both killed!" Kung Lao said. Liu Kang faced him and he noticed that Kung Lao was looking a different way and it was all of the Shaolin, dead on the floor. They walked inside, and seen more of them. "So many Shaolin! They died defending our sacred ground." "The Netherrealm will pay." They went to the next room and realized that it was a trap, so they found a way how to get through the trap. Liu and Kung were almost about to die, but it did not happen.

"Easy enough. What's next?" Kung Lao said. "Everything. Poison gas, shooting spears, flame jets--" "How about we avoid those?" Kung Lao said. The rooms was gated and they also weren't the ones who did it, which is why Kung Lao said "I did not do that." A spear came their way and realized that it was.... Scorpion, the father of Y/N Hasashi. "I did." Scorpion said. "Scorpion. Of course you survived the time-merger..." "You will not stop Kronika from restoring my family and clan." Scorpion said. "If scorpion doesn't kill us, these traps will. Find a way to shut them down!" Liu kang said. He stepped up closer to Y/N's father, to fight him. "Let's see whose fire burns hotter."
---------
"Your fire is out, Scorpion." Liu Kang said. "I can't stop them!" Scorpion then began to stand up slowly. Poison gas was going to both Liu Kang and Kung Lao when Scorpion left, a cage then was on them, and it suddenly stopped. "It stopped. Why?" The entrance opened, showing Jade and Scorpion walking through. "Our plans require that you live." "Jade. What happened to you?" Liu Kang asked.

"And untimely death. Like yours, due to Raiden's incompetence." Jade explained. "You cannot turn against him. We know about our deaths. They were cause by our mistakes." "You have been deceived, Liu Kang. The truth is, Raiden murdered you." Kung Lao and jade got in their positions ready to fight. "Lord Raiden may made mistakes, but he doesn't murder his followers." "Is it not murder to send an ill-prepared warrior to his death?"

"Raiden's mistakes cost your life, Kung Lao." Jade said.
--------
"I like the "real" you better." He then ran to Liu Kang and gave him a helping hand, scorpion went down and disappeared. "The Dragon Grotto is through there." "What if the next Revenants we have to fight are... us?" "Then we fight them, Kung Lao."
-------
"Elder Gods. I have come to seek counsel. The realms are in crisis." Raiden said. "The crisis is grave, indeed, Raiden." "Evey being will be erased in a temporal Armaggedon, even we Elder Gods. Already our power weakens." "I will fight, Cetrion. But how?" Raiden asked. She then explained what to do and he listened to them. "It will be done." "Speak your mind, Raiden." He explained what happened and she listened to every word out of his mouth, and told him the plan.
-------
The two Shaolin Monks walked to the Dragon Grotto and it already opened up. They then seen Geras, at the front of the Grotto. "They said you'd come." "Who said?" "Who do you think, Kung Lao?" The voice happened to be the Revenant Kung Lao and Liu kang. "Welcome to your future. Courtesy of Raiden." "Our future may be tragic, but it's not Lord Raiden's fault. You've both been warped by Shinnok's evil." Liu Kang said.

"Shao Kahn snapped my neck in the arena. Raiden saw it coming, and did nothing!" "I would have defeated Shao Kahn, but Raiden wanted the glory. His lightening cut me down." The Revenants said. "No. I don't believe that!" Liu Kang said. "One day Raiden will betray you." "Then you will believe." The two Kung Lao's got in positions, ready to brawl one another. "The thought of becoming you, but I won't blame Raiden." Kung Lao said. "You owe Kronika." "She saved your life by stopping time."
------------
"You shame our family name." Kung Lao said, looking at himself on the ground. While Liu Kang defeated the other version of him, he hitted the ground and Kung Lao walked over to him. "Is it me, or could they be telling the truth?" He asked. "Worry about it later. We have bigger problems."

Geras walked up to the two, and said "With this power, Kronika will remake history." Kung Lao threw his hat straight to his head and it dropped. "That was easy." Kung Lao said. His head then disappeared and his head appeared back onto his body. He sat up, and cracked his neck. "I, Geras, am a fixed point in time. With every death and rebirth, I grow stronger." The two fought him, trying to see if he knew what he was really strong. "The vials." "Sizing me up?" "Kronika has  a keen interest in you. It's why she recruited your Revenant self. Seve her, she will bless you." Geras said.
----------
"You Shaolin Monks exceed your reputation. I respect your spirit, but Kronika's will must be done." They attacked him, but he stopped time and grabbed it from Liu Kang's hands. Kronika then appear and Geras gave the object to her and walked to Liu Kang. "Yet again, Liu Kang, you've chosen the wrong destiny." Kronika said. Time resumes and they got up, from being on the floor.

Kronika flew around and noticed Sektor, Shao Kahn, and Revenant Kitana in front of her. "I now have the energy to resculpt the Sands of Time." "The Netherrealm's undead army will protect the Keep as I work. Shao Kahn, when will you deliver the Outworld army?" Kronika asked. "Soon. It will be mine once Kotal is killed." Shao Kahn replied. "And what is your progress, Sektor?" "The Cyber Lin Kuei factory is modified to your specifications. Production exceeds projections." Sektor responded.

Raiden came back to see Kung Lao and Liu Kang training. "Lord Raiden. What did the Elder Gods say?" Liu asked. "We must find Kronika. Wrest the control of history from her. If we succeed, our destiny can change." "So what we were told is true? You were "Involved" in our deaths?" Kung Lao said. "Yes. Had the timeline continued, my decisions would have led to your deaths." Raiden explained. "But the Elder Gods assure me that such a future is no inevitable. This is but one of many possible timelines." "That is a lot to take on faith." Liu Kang elbowed his stomach, while Raiden was talking. "Thank you, Lord Raiden." The two Shaolin bowed down, and Raiden said "We must find Kronika's Keep and strike it, as hard and as fast as we can muster, before all is lost."

"What have you learned about Kronika's effect on Earthrealm?" Raiden asked Cassie. "We're tracking sites around the globe with major temporal anomalies. Picture's still fuzzy." "Our kid's something, isn't she?" Johnny asked the other Sonya. "Um... Cage, I'm not your Sonya." She corrected him. "Sorry. Too easy to forget." "We've prioritized info thast correlates attacks from the Netherrealm with time anomalities." "Helpful. But we have more to worry about than the Netherrealm." Raiden said to Cass. Cassie then explained where Sub-Zero and him paying his debt. "Sektor? Was he not the Grandmaster who enslaved the Lin Kuei?" "That's him. He's reactivating and upgrading the same factory he built to convert the Lin Kuei into cyber killing machines." Cassie said. "Undoubtedly to construct new and more powerful Cyber Lin Kuei. Kronika may seek to co-opt them. What of Sub-Zero." "Already on his way to shut down the factory. Y/N's father, Grandmaster Hasashi is going with him."

"Grandmaster Hasashi? Hanzo Hasashi?" Raiden questioned, thinking about Y/N's father name in his head.