imagine | dino

fantasy/royalty AU

i arrived at a beautiful castle by the lake.

i slowly stepped out the the elegant white boat and walked inside the castle's grand gate.

as i headed inside, i realised it was packed with both women and men, and all of them had fancy dresses and suits.

i noticed everyone was wearing a fancy mask to cover their face, so i assumed it was a masquerade ball.

the atmosphere was light and cheerful as the music played echoed throughout the halls.

i looked down and my face changed with shock as i was wearing the most beautiful white dress i have ever seen. i was also wearing a simple mask to cover my face.

as i walked into the center of the ballroom, the people there parted sideways so i could walk through, as shushes and whispers filled the room.

suddenly a man who was dressed in even finer clothes than the rest came up to me and spoke in a gentle, soothing voice.

"may i have this dance?" he said, bowing slightly and extending his arm. i smiled gratefully and took his hand.

after that, everything was a blur.

it seems that we got married and we were sitting on the throne together while the people came up to us to give us their blessings.

after that it seems that we had a beautiful baby girl, and we sat by her cradle, watching her sleep peacefully.

we watched our daughter grow up and taught her all sorts of things from arrow shooting to horseback riding. she was a strong fighter, not a girly princess.

and soon she got married, and we sent her away with her husband with our sincere blessings for their happiness.

we lived a long time together, till death do us apart...

"your highness, your highness, are you all right?" your servant and friend, Lily, shook you gently as you opened your eyes.

you woke up in a shock and sat upright, breathing heavily.

"i'm fine, i just...had the weirdest dream ever." you muttered, trying to wrap your head around what just happened.

"well, i'm so sorry to wake you up, your highness, but someone wanted to see you personally, so i had to wake you up." she sighed and stood up, patting down the ruffle she made on the blanket.

you slowly got out of bed and adjusted your dress. "and may i ask who it is?" you questioned, following her out of your room. "prince lee chan, your highness, from the Diamond Kingdom."

you giggled slightly at his name; he was your childhood friend and best friend from the neighbouring kingdom.

"that was why he insisted i wake you up, your highness."

"typical chan," you giggled.

Lily brought you to the drawing room where chan was waiting, and as soon as he saw you, he ran up to hug you tightly. "y/n! i missed you so much!"

you faked a small cough before pulling away from the hug. "formal greetings, chan. i'm still older than you by a year." you smiled innocently, knowing he gets annoyed when you do that.

"yes, *ahem* good afternoon, princess y/n. i am prince lee chan and i have come to give you an invitation."

your eyes lit up and the word invitation.

"oh? what invitation?"

"well, you'll see!" he said, handing you an envelope tied with a red satin string.

"i really hope you can come! bye for now!" he waved playfully before exiting the room.

Lily emerged from behind the door and came foward. "what is it?" she asked, absolutely curious of what invitation it might be. "well let's see..." you opened the envelope and carefully read it.

"an invitation to a masquerade ball...? 'The ball shall be held at the Diamond Kingdom's castle by the lake. Please wear a mask to hide your identity as it is a masquerade ball.'"

"wow! that's amazing! you're so lucky, your highness!" Lily squealed in excitement.

"yes but that means...it really is a dream come true!"