imagine | the8

minghao's p.o.v

my dance instructor told me that there would be a new student today, as he told me that i would be in charge of taking care of her and being her buddy for the next few weeks.

i would also need to do the choreography with her for an upcoming performance in 4 months at for a graduation ceremony for our seniors who would be leaving the school.

my teacher told me that although i have not practiced the dance yet nor has the new student, we should both be fine as he said we were both pretty good dancers. he told me a little about her background, like how she had won many awards for dance competitions and she used to be in a prestigious dance academy.

one thing that caught my attention was that my teacher said that we would be doing a pair contemporary dance. my eyes lit up in excitement as contemporary dance was my favourite and best. but i was nervous as i've only done solos, or with my friend jun, and not with a girl...

time skip

it has been a few days since the new student came, and i'm already impressed and glad to know how good her dance skills were. her name was Y/N, and she was very friendly when i first saw her. she got along well with everyone pretty quickly, and she always had a smile plastered on her face.

confidence and joy always radiated from her, and she was so beautiful with gentle features that reminded me of an angel.

i loved the way she interacted with people, the way she looked so happy and elegant while dancing and the way she looked at me. it always makes my heart flutter and it makes me ten times happier while dancing. i've never met a girl as special as her before...

your p.o.v

it's been a week since i joined the dance academy and met my new dance mates. i was assigned by my instructor to a senior student at the academy, and his name was Xu Minghao. when we first met, i felt sparks and happiness come out just from the way he smiled.

although it has only been a week since we first met, we were really good friends and i felt like i could trust him.

we chose the song 'ocean eyes' by Billie Eilish as we felt that it had a very slow and soft melody to it that would be perfect for a contemporary dance choreo.

Minghao and i had to come up with the choreography ourselves, but our teacher would ocassionally guide us. we were really happy dancing together and we were always smiling.

i was especially impressed with how smooth Minghao's dance moves were, and i could clearly see his passion for dance. it was so inspiring and i wished to be like him one day.

everytime we danced, when there was a part where we had to come closer to each other, one of his arms on my waist and the other holding my hand, i always felt a spark, or some sort of feeling that flowed through me and i would start blushing like crazy. i hope Minghao didn't see it though...

time skip

minghao's p.o.v

the performance would be in 2 days time, and Y/N and i were practicing in the studio for hours to perfect the choreography. we decided to stay back slightly later in the night to continue practicing, but we went out to eat some food first.

whenever i walked close next to Y/N, i would feel my heart bursting with feelings and i realise i tend to look away or unintentionally catch myself blushing. i realise soon after that i was in love with her.

back at the studio

i turned on the music and we started to dance. we danced elegantly as the music flowed smoothly into our ears. it was one of the most satisfying thing in the world; dancing with the one you love, to something that you love.

i saw that Y/N started to get a little tired as she was panting, so i suggested we take a break. she leaned against the wall, taking a drink of water as she breathed heavily.

we started talking about each other's studies, friendships and just anything we could think of. i noticed myself being pulled into her attractive aura and i walked closer to her.

i didn't realise how close i was until Y/N stopped talking and was looking into my eyes, making me snap back into reality. "i-im sorry, am i making you feel uncomfortable?" i inched a little backwards. "no, no, i'm fine..."

Y/N started coming closer towards me instead, and my eyes were fixed on her pink lips, and so was hers too. the distance between us was rapidly decreasing, until our lips were barely ghosting over each other.

just as i was about to envelope her soft lips into a full kiss, my phone started ringing loudly and i pulled back in shock. "oh my god, i'm so sorry!" she smiled and signalled for me to answer the phone.

i mentally facepalmed. how could someone call me right when i was about to kiss the love of my life?!

i looked down at the caller ID. Wen Junhui

Wen Junhui you're gonna pay for thisss!!!

Y/N and i continued our choreo after that, but we were more embarrassed considering the fact that we almost kissed. but didn't. either way we kept our professional side and we felt that we would put on our best effort for the dance for the seniors.

day of performance

your p.o.v

Minghao and i stood in our positions as the curtains opened, a bright light shining strongly and clapping was heard. as soon as the music started, we started dancing across the stage, showing our moves flawlessly as the energy overwhelmed the stage.

we moved gracefully together, looking into each other's eyes passionately with emotion as we conveyed the message of the song through our dance moves and facial expressions.

i felt really confident as we got to the middle of the song and i was beyond happy, looking at how Minghao was smiling uncontrollably.

finally, the song finished and we were in our ending pose, where Minghao has to grip my waist and our bodies pressed against each other. we were both panting hard and sweat covered our faces but we were still smiling.

applause filled the hall as we bowed and took our leave off the stage behind the curtains. i was about to say 'good job' to Minghao, but before i could say a single word, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him, our lips pressed against each other.

my initial shock turned into utter joy as i closed my eyes before kissing back, Minghao's soft, red lips moulding perfectly with mine as we smiled into the kiss. it was pure euphoria and it was like there was only two of us in the world.

his kisses was intoxicating and it was like kissing a soft cloud as he gently pulled me closer to him with a light grip on my waist where his arms rested.

"ehem-"

we hurriedly pulled away, only to find our dance instructor looking awkwardly at us. "i don't mean to interrupt anything, but i just wanted to tell you guys good job and you made me proud!"

he patted Minghao's back as he smiled, "now, now, get back to what you two were doing," right before he left i heard him mutter "young love~" while i saw him smiling to himself.

"yeah, shouldn't we continue this somewhere else?" Minghao smirked.

"Minghao!!"