Overhaul Ending

A/n: I'm on my period and everything sucks, but I'm on thanksgiving break 🤪 /NOT EDITED/

You had woken up a while ago at an unfortunate time. Not being able to sleep you decided to get up and go on a walk.

The sun hadn't come up yet so it was chilly out. The streetlights lit your path as you walked aimlessly.

There wasn't a specific destination, you didn't want to go anywhere. You just wanted feel free.

Life had been crazy lately, the little walks you took cleared your mind. They reminded you that you could make your own decisions, that you were able to do as you wanted.

You looked to the sky, the stars weren't very visible but they were pretty nonetheless. As you walked you heard someone coughing and sniffling.

You clasped your hands together as you continued forward. The cold air had made them tingle.

You turned the corner only to see the man you wish you hadn't.

Overhaul was laying face first on the ground, a pool of blood began to form beneath him.

You rushed over to him turning him over, his hand covered a deep stab wound on his abdomen. His skin was cracked and his eyes were shut. He had lost a lot of blood at this point, yet you tried your best to heal him.

Your quirk had quickly stopped the bleeding and was working on closing the wound itself.

Though you'd come to dislike this man he seemed so weak.

Overhauls body was cold, you were unsure how long he'd been out like this, but you're sure it wasn't too long.

His eyes opened slightly.

"Get off." He said barely above a whisper.

"You need help. Don't be stubborn."

He weakly raised his arms and tried to push you off, "Don't touch me."

You finished quickly and set him down.

"Why are you still here?" Overhaul spoke, his voice hoarse.

"This is all your fault." He added on.

"I'm sorry."

He shook his head, "That's not enough. You took everything from me."

You looked at him with pity, "I didn't mean for this to happen."

"Well it did!" Overhaul suddenly shouted.

He turned away and began coughing again, you approached him only to be pushed away.

You heart ached, you hated it. He was an awful person, he hurt you and Eri, but you couldn't hate him. Maybe it was your trauma, but at this point you wanted to help him.

'No.'

'I won't.'

With a sigh you got up, overhaul looked up to you. He was leaned against a wall with a hand on his old wound.

"What are you doing?" Overhaul questioned.

"Are you gonna fucking help me?"

You looked down, "You know I can't do that."

"You're pathetic."

"Fix this mess." He demanded

"Goodbye Overhaul." You smiled.

With that you turned around.

"Hey."

"Hey!"

"Get back here!"

Overhaul angrily demanded, yet you knew what was right. You wouldn't be apart of his little game anymore.

His voice quieted as you walked away, at this point he couldn't be heard anymore.

You took out your phone and dialed a number.

"This is the police department, how may I help you?"

"Hello, I was calling to inform you on a criminals whereabouts."

"Which one?"

"Overhaul."

The line went silent for a split second, as if the officer on the other side was shocked.

"Yes, alright go ahead."

You informed him of where you were last with the villain. You gave a detailed description of the building he was leaning on and what time you had seen him.

"Thank you. We'll be there soon."

"Of course, stay safe."

The officer chuckled, "We'll do our best ma'am."

The officer then hung up, you put your phone back in your pocket and looked back.

You stood, the cold morning wind whipping through your hair. You let out a breath of relief, the temperature making it seem like a puff of smoke.

'Not anymore.'

'I'm not going to be manipulated ever again.'

A smile made its way to your face.

You turned back around, your hands in your pockets.

The sound of your shoes on the ground was the only thing that was heard as you made your way back home.

The sun had started to come up; a beautiful glow.

The previously quiet and still atmosphere was replaced with a warmer, happier one.

You began to hum a familiar tune.

Being that there was no one around, you sang quietly.

(You can sing any song you want lol)

"That's a pretty song, songbird."

"Yeah it's pretty nice."

"You heading home?"

"Yeah."

"Be careful (Y/n)."

"I will. Thank you Hawks."

"Anytime." He said with a smile before flying off.

You weren't walking for much longer as you had arrived at your destination. Eri was outside the dorms, she stood on her tip toes looking around.

She stopped scanning when she made eye contact with you.

"momma!" She said, running up to you, hugging your waist.

"Hi baby, wanna go to Denny's?"

She looked up to you with a smile, "yeah!"

She let go and began dancing around, "Denny's, Denny's, Denny's." She sang.

You smiled at a thought.

'She's come so far...She's so happy now.'

Your heart felt warm.

"I'm happy."

"what momma?" Eri turned to you.

"Nothing, now lets go eat Denny's!" 

You held onto Eri's small hand and went inside, it fit so well inside your own.

~Overhaul Ending~

A/n: I'm backkkkkk. I'll be updating a lot in the next couple of days to make up for not updating in a while. Take care of yourselves, and remember you're never a burden! I'll kick anyone who says you are! 🐌