Part 9 (should i have to say i dont own the art?)

You awoke to muffled sobbing, you turned over, upon opening your eyes you saw Chara, turned away from you, clearly where the cries were from. You lifted your arm and put it around her, you tightened your grip ever so slightly to show you were awake.

"Chara, whats wrong?" You asked still half asleep.

"I-i i" Chara began before she broke down sobbing even harder.

"it's okay, take your time, i'm here."

After about 5 minutes Chara had calmed down enough to talk.

"It was about what i saw in the hall..."

"oh, don't worry, it wasn't real, it was fake memories."

"But it felt real! I had to see you and everyone else die along with my entire family. And then that sicko who did it wore Rei's bandanna with dust and blood all over it!"

"i understand it would have been sickening, but it's all over. You said it yourself, your saw it happen multiple times didn't you?"

"Yeah but that doesn't mean i get desensitised to it! and then i had to see everyone else die and I hadn't experienced that before!"

"it's okay, just try and fall asleep, you'll feel better when you wake up, and if you ever need someone to talk to, me and everyone else are here for you, even Michael, although i wouldn't speak to him unless he was the only one left."

"H-heh" Chara sniffled

"Thanks Y/N, I really needed this."

"anytime, when you wake up we are gonna have to check out that slash though."

"i ate some monster candy, i'll be fine."

"better safe then sorry."

"yeah... Thank you Y/N, i'm glad your here."

"same to you Chara, same to you."

having said that you and Chara quickly fell asleep, fully embracing this time, a trust that couldn't be faked being built.

When you woke up again you saw that Chara was still asleep, you got up and grabbed your white shirt and jeans before going to the bathroom and quickly changing, you brought your dirty clothes into the main room where alot of people were chatting, you ignored most of the few people who did try to talk to you as you threw the clothes into the washing machine near all the kitchen utensils. The one person you didn't ignore however, was Jason.

"Hey Y/N"

"Huh? oh hey, what is it?"

"I was wondering how you and Chara were holding up after that whole event, Chara with that big cut along her stomach, she wouldn't let us examine it, she said she ate some 'monster candy' stuff that apparently healed the wound enough to stop bleeding, whats that about?"

"alright so you know how me and Chara can do magic?"

"yeah."

"Chara is from a alternate universe where a sentient race of beings besides humans existed, a war broke out and the humans won, they sent the 'Monsters' down inside a mountain where they couldn't leave but people could enter. Chara fell down that mountain one day and was adopted by some monsters, they taught her how to use magic, some monsters lack enough physical matter to digest food so they have a monster adapted type of food, it turns out it heals human battle damage and doesn't require the consumer to get rid of waste due to the fact it's absorbed and instantly used up."