Shift

A/N: I just wanted to take some time to recognize that "Tangled" has reached over 1k readers!!!! Ya'll don't know how awesome that makes me feel and how encouraging that is. Thank you guys for reading and supporting the story! Pic above is not mine of course. 

*Warning* Mild sex scene ahead

"Ah...A-Abe, please....god's slow down," Valo groaned into the air. Abe thrusted from behind her, grabbing onto her breast for leverage as he drove into her.

He said nothing as he felt his mate tighten around him. He thrusted harder into her, her moans urging him on as he felt their orgasms crashing down on them. Valo let out a scream as she was sent over the edge and Abe followed after her. He pressed against her, a moan slipping through his lips. They fell against the bed panting against each other. He pulled out of her, beginning a sigh out of both of them and cocooned her in his arms. Abe kissed the crook of her neck, enjoying the giggles she produced as he nuzzled his face in her neck.

"Oh no you don't," she warned, exhaustedly. She moved to sit up and he floated off her, settling with cuddling up at her side and spooning. "You're insatiable Abe".

"You're to blame my dear," he sighed. He reached over and turned her face to face his and pressed a kiss against her nose. "My perfect". Kiss. "Beautiful". Kiss. "Intuitive-"

"As much as I would love for you to shower me with compliments all day, I have to go to work," Valo said, wincing as she said it.

She couldn't believe she didn't just call in after the night she had. It's not like her supervisor wouldn't understand and she hardly ever called in. Who'd think that her innocent seeming blue fish man wasn't as innocent as he seemed. To have never touched a woman in a sexual manner before last night Abe was a perfect lover. Eager to learn and even more eager to experiment. They had made love through the entire night and Valo only hoped they didn't bother her neighbors below them. She'd never met anyone so driven and passionate at the same time. Who knew a person could have so much energy. She had to admit, she was a bit winded.

Abe sighed and rubbed her hip, looking at the small clock on her bedside table. "I've never been one to encourage tardiness, but I've never been more tempted than now".

Valo scoffed, giving him a kiss on Abe's cheek before slipping out the sheets. "Don't start bad habits now," she said. "Besides, we'll have all the time to sleep in and snuggle when I'm actually pregnant".

"I can't wait for that day," Abe sighed, imagining Valo full with their eggs. Even though they didn't know the possibility of Valo getting pregnant, after last night the idea seems more possible. He'd always been more rational and looking towards logic, rather than relying on hope. But with his mate by his side, he felt anything could be possible. He tossed the covers off of him and pulled her closer to the edge of the bed and kissed the back of her hand. "I guess it can't be helped, why don't you go get cleaned up and I'll make you some breakfast".

"Oh you don't have to do that hun, I can just get something in the cafeteria," she said. She knew Abe was just trying to be nice, but she needed a good meal after all the energy she exerted.

"Is the thought of my cooking that horrible," Abe pouted.

"No, but the idea of you burning down my apartment is". He pouted some more as she laughed on her way to the bathroom.

"Don't be like that," he said following her. "I was looking at a cooking channel last night while you were asleep for a bit and found this delightful and simple breakfast".