Chapter 6: Victor

I was preparing the young girl's room for her to stay in as they discussed who would watch her during the night, I never realized how seriously they took this mission they mentioned, I walked out of the room to find The Creature standing there leaning against the wall, I jumped in surprise upon seeing him. Not that he had a horrid appearance, In fact he looked so human minus the scars....the scars I made...
       I heard the young girl call him Frank...I never knew he still looked to me in a way...
      "I want to ask you something" he spoke to me in a clear voice, not like the one I once heard, his voice was deeper than I thought.
      "What?" I asked him, now hesitant of what he is .
      "How did you survive?" He asked, I froze, I was afraid of him asking me that, I soon sighed.
      "The ship had docked back at england...I woke up from my supposed "death", the people were shocked, but that wasn't the weird part, I was revived by God...I don't know why after all I've done...but now I fully understand...my mission was to help you..." I told him. He narrowed his yellow eyes at me, I could've sworn they were glowing.
      "Why should we trust you, you took Jessie" he said.
      "Frank cut the man some slack, he is at least letting us stay here" the one named Chal spoke up while walking past, the creature sighed and rubs his eyes.
      "Fine...but you aint allowed near Jessie" he told me as he walked past me, I watched as he walked off.
       I looked back and I saw the creature's more formal dressed companion was talking with the girl.
      "I don't think Frank should be so harsh to him, I mean yeah Victor has done...questionable things, but Chal has a point, he is at least letting us stay here until we have a plan" the young girl said.
      "Frank does have a right to be angry" the companion stated. The young girl looks at him, "you know that too Jessie" he stated.
      "Ok you win that one Drac..." Jessie said as she soon yawned.
      "I think it's time for you to sleep, I'll let Chal know" Drac stated, soon he escorted her into the room I prepared.
       I sat there in silence, I looked down, I sighed as I walked towards my laboratory, one of biggest regrets to science is now staying with me in my own home. I sat down at my desk, upon said desk were pictures of my family and loved ones.
     "Oh what am I going to do..." I said as I laid my head down and closed my eyes, soon heard a sweet voice calling from beyond, it sounded like my sweet Elizabeth. I soon found myself in a clouded area and a figure stood there before me. I looked at the figure as the person turned to me.
      I was shocked to see strands of long blonde hair.
     "Elizabeth?" I asked her to approach, she looked at me fully and smiled.
     "Hello sweet Victor" she said smiling, I approached her immediately and held her in my embrace. I would've kissed her but after all I've done, I've felt like I don't deserve such tenderness.
     "Victor, you must listen to me, those three are meant to keep young Jessie safe and protected, other monsters will try and hurt the girl, that's why God assigned those three to protect her" Elizabeth said.
     I was shocked.
    "So please Victor, don't fight them on this. You are all on the same side here" Elizabeth said with a pleading look.
    I sighed as I rubbed my face.
    "Alright..." I said as I sighed. "Fine...I'll try my best to help them" I told her, she smiled and placed a hand on my cheek.
    "I know you will," she said.
    Soon I woke up and I heard nothing but silence, I went to check on the group, Chal was looking out of the window. I wonder what he was thinking about, that was until my thinking was interrupted by Jessie's groaning and Chal's attention was drawn to it, he looks and soon walks to her, soon Jessie wakes up gasping.
    "Hey it's ok, it's just a nightmare" Chal spoke with a gentle tone, Jessie looked at him and soon hugged him.
    "Please don't go Chal" she said through a muffled tone.
    "Why would I leave you?" Chal asked her gently.
    "Y-you and the g-guys...you all l-left me" she said crying, I was shocked to hear this, I felt the awful feeling in my gut, the feeling of guilt.
     "Shhh it's ok kiddo, we ain't going anywhere" Chal stated as he sat down next to her and soon she snuggled to him and Chal soon had an idea, I can see it on his face.
     That was when Chal started to sing, I was shocked at how amazing his voice is, Chal gently puts Jessie to sleep. Chal soon walked out and I immediately moved to where he couldn't see me. Chal walk to the cre- Frank, I really need to work on that, but soon I hear whispers among the pair.
    "What's wrong?" I hear Frank ask.
    "Jessie had a nightmare...keep an ear out for her, ok?" Chal said, patting Frank's shoulder as Frank nods. I stood there awkwardly as I saw a shadow move from the corner of my eye, I quickly looked but I saw nothing, Drac looked in the same direction, now I know I'm not seeing things. Drac Immediately heads to Jessie's room, he soon grabs a wook poker and soon he looks into the room and scans it. I watch him as I walk in behind him, Drac seems focused and soon he picks up Jessie and carries her to the small sitting area. Chal came out and rushed over.
    "What are you-?" before Chal can finish his sentence Drac stops him.
    "Something is here" he said, Chal immediately goes quiet and nods.
    Drac soon gets Jessie to a small chair and lets her rest, I have no idea what is about to happen.
    "Victor, stay with Jessie, me and the guys are going to check the perimeter" Frank told me. I was surprised he would even address me, but I paid no mind to it as I grabbed a blanket.