Chapter 3: Third Person

Jessie was laying on her hospital bed, a man soon entered the room, his sleek pushed back black hair glistened in the dim lights. He looked at the clipboard and saw Jessie's picture, soon he sighed and placed it down.
    "Forgive me little one...know that I mean you no harm," said the man as he takes off the lab coat and hangs it up.
     Soon the voice in his head spoke up, "This girl is the key to this war, once we bring her to her majesty. The war for earth can begin. "
    "But what about the girl's well being?" asked the man, he didn't want to do anything horrible to the girl.
    "Let's grab her and get out of here" said the voice, completely ignoring the man's question, the man walked towards Jessie but he soon stopped when he heard something.
    "She's just this way sirs, now you three didn't exactly tell us how you know the young girl" said a woman's voice and the man immediately panicked and hid.
    "Well-" Frank began but Helsing cut him off.
    "Frank here is her father and these two are her uncles," Helsing said.
    Drac and Chal threw a sideways glance at each other, Drac turned back to speak, but Frank came to a stop when he heard something.
    "What's up?" Chal asked, he can tell Frank had become tense, he can see it in his muscles.
    "Chal, Drac, you two are with me, officer I need you to stay here with the nurse" Frank said, Helsing knew something was wrong causing him to nod. Frank and his companions slowly open the door, nothing stands out from the normal apart from Jessie's unconscious form. Drac ran towards Jessie as Frank looked around.
    "Don't sit there, do something" shouted the voice in the man's head.
    Frank walks around and looks around and soon Frank brings out his sword and soon pulls the curtain back to find the man, Frank was startled and soon the man made a break for it.
    "HEY!" Frank shouts, Chal and Drac look, Frank chases after the man, Helsing tried to catch the man also. Frank ran as quickly as he could, Jessie had woken from the shouting, she groaned and Drac looked over.
    "Easy Jessie, you're hurt, badly" Drac said.
    "Where is Chal and Frank?" Jessie said tiredly, rubbing her eye.
    "They went to go do something, try to rest" Drac said as he stood up "I'll be right back" Drac continued as he went to leave the room and as soon as Drac ran after Frank and Chal.
     Jessie watched Drac leave, soon Jessie slowly and painfully moved to see what the guys were trying to catch and or chase.
     "Ow...." she said in pain, soon she walked towards the door slowly.
     Back at the chase, the man hides from his three pursuers, he breathes heavily, soon he starts to feel himself change, which was excruciatingly painful. Soon his eyes turned crazed and wide like an animal, soon he headed towards a different area away from his pursuers, the man's hair turned to a red shade of color, his old facial features de-aged to make him look younger.
    "Now lets see if we can snag the girl" he said, his voice resembled that of the voice in the other man's head. The wild man walked towards the room Jessie was in, only to find her not there.
    "What?! Where?!" he said in shock as he looked around crazed.
    "Guys?! Where are you?!" Jessie shouted, this caught the crazed man's attention.
    "Aw...there you are my dear" he said following the sound of the voice.
    Jessie walks down the hallway while holding onto the right side of the hall. The man soon appeared 20 feet behind her, he smirked as he was so close to completing his job. He then stalks towards her slowly.
    "Guys!?" Jessie calls, but soon she hears someone walking from behind, Jessie turns to look with a smile, "Guys?!" she said enthusiastically, hoping it was her friends, but suddenly her bright smile vanished and was replaced by a look of sheer terror.
    "Hello Jessie, nice to see you again" he said, smirking a maniacal grin.
    Jessie was terrified, the only thing she could think of doing was running, she turned away quickly and took off running, the man reached to grab her but he missed by a mere inch. Jessie ran as quick as she could, her adrenaline overcame the pain in her wound. The only thought she had was to get away from the man, the man who laughs.
    "How cute, you want to play a little game Jessie, then let's play a game" the man smirks as he soon chases after her. Jessie ran to find her friends.
    "GUYS! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Jessie shouts, Chal heard it and knew Jessie was in trouble.
    "Guys! Jessie's in danger!" Chal shouts, this immediately gets Drac and Frank's attention, soon they follow Chal as he heads in Jessie direction. "Hurry!" Chal shouts as he runs.
    Jessie was sprinting as fast as she could, as she sprinted past the doors, unbeknownst to them, a being was hidden in the shadows, soon Chal and the others rushed towards Jessie. Jessie soon ran into Chal's arms, much towards Jessie's joy.
    "Guys!" She said happily with tears forming, Chal embraced her gently. Drac and Frank had approached in a frantic panic to check if Jessie was alright.
    "Jessie! Thank God you are safe! Are you alright?! What is wrong?!" Drac asked worried.
    "There is a crazy psychopath after me!" Jessie said scared, soon the crazed man appeared approaching them, Frank took notice and looked at the man and immediately got an expression of pure hatred..
    "Edward Hyde" he said angrily as Hyde soon smirked with a crazed look in his eyes.
    "Hello creature, creation of Victor Frankenstein, it's been a long time." Hyde said.. "and you have something I need." Hyde said, smirking. Jessie hides behind Chal, Drac and the others drew their weapons and readied themselves.
   "You ain't going to put one of your evil hands on her Hyde" Frank said as Chal spins his trident to intimidate Hyde, which had little to no success.
   "Then I'll just to pry her from you" Hyde stated as he charged at the group, Chal readied himself, Drac and Frank followed, Helsing got Jessie to a safer location and away from the upcoming fight. Helsing takes Jessie towards the cafeteria, where she was placed in a small hidden area.
   "Stay here, you'll be safe here" Helsing said as he got up and headed back to the fight between Hyde and Monster trio, Drac was trying to get a good shot, but this is harder than it seemed, since Chal was struggling with Hyde. Hyde had gotten stronger since his entrance into the world. Frank slammed into Hyde, knocking him backwards a couple of feet, Hyde looks. Soon he noticed that Jessie had vanished, this made Hyde angry, he looked as Chal charged at him.
    Hyde grabs Chal by his shirt and he chucks Chal at Frank, knocking them into Drac, the trio where down, Helsing waits behind a wall with his gun drawn. His heart racing very fast, Helsing knew he had to keep Hyde away from Jessie, but with her three main Guardians down, it's going to be difficult.
   "Now...to find Jessie" Hyde stated.
   Helsing was shocked at how he knew Jessie's name, Helsing knew that it's now or never, Helsing soon turned the corner and aimed his gun, only to find Hyde gone. Hyde was holding onto the ceiling, soon Hyde dropped down onto Helsing, knocking down Helsing and making his drop his gun. Hyde and Helsing wrestled each other until Hyde punched Helsing hard enough to knock him out. Hyde smirked maniacally, he looked at Helsing's gun. Hyde soon grabs it and heads off to find Jessie.
   Drac groans as he moves his two unconscious companions off him, he looks to see Hyde walking off, Drac immediately gets up and painly rushes to find Jessie.
  "Guys where are you?" Jessie whispers to herself, she heard Hyde rummaging through everything, Jessie covered her mouth shaking. Guys please hurry, she thought, Hyde soon appeared in front of her, she jumped scared as Hyde smirked.
   "I thought I lost you" Hyde spoke with a hint of calm.
   Jessie tried to run but Hyde was too quick and he grabbed Jessie's arm, Jessie tried to punch Hyde to break free, but Hyde pointed the gun at her head and she immediately shook in terror.
   "If you don't behave I will shoot" Hyde said, "Now, would you behave?" Hyde asked
   Drac aimed his bow and soon shot Hyde in the back, Hyde let out a pained cry, Jessie soon pulled free and looked at Drac. She immediately ran to Drac, who soon embraced her.
   "Are you ok?" he asked as she nods repeatedly and shook.
   "Dracula, I should've known, you've always wanted a daughter." Hyde said.
   Jessie was confused, she could feel Drac tense up, Jessie looked worried.
   "Leave now Hyde, This child under our protection and no way will I ever let you put your hands on her again" Drac said with an angry look.
   Hyde raised his hand in surrender "fine, fine, but I won't be the only one who'll try to snag the girl, you know this Dracula"
    Drac only growls as Hyde smirks, soon Hyde grabs a small bottle and smashes it into the ground and causes smoke everywhere, Drac uses his jacket to cover Jessie to prevent her from inhaling the smoke. Drac looked back and saw that Hyde was nowhere to be seen.