Toxic

Toxic
[tok-sik]

1. Poison

2. People

3. Love

*****************
Invincible - Crossfade
Everything - Buckcherry
Sorry - Buckcherry
******************

SEQUEL TO
"Gangland [L.T.]"

Recap:

"Harley! Get off the ledge!" A voice yells from behind me

What the fuck?

I turn to face the man I haven't seen in 18 days.

"Fuck off Louis." I spit, taking another addicting drag of the cigarette

He takes a step near me, "Harley, please just get off the ledge."

I shake my head and laugh, "No."

I throw my cigarette on the ground, stomping on it before turning back around and jumping off the ledge.

LOUIS POV

She jumped. Off a building. Because of me.

I fall to my knees, I cannot bring myself to look over the edge. I don't think I can handle seeing her lifeless body on the cement ground below.

HARLEY POV

I run down the fire escape and hide behind a dumpster. I can't believe he hasn't looked over the edge yet, I guess it's good for me.

It may seem childish of me to run away from my issues but I know once I look into those blue eyes I'll cave, I'll be the one crawling back to him. But I can't. Right now, my pride is more important that my feelings for him. Because if I don't have my pride, I don't have anything.

LOUIS POV (again.)

I slowly walk to the ledge, dreading what I may see.

Maybe she'll be hanging onto the ledge, smirking and laughing at me for freaking out. Just like she did on the night we met, damn, she was crazy. She is crazy. And I love it.

I look down, expecting to see her body, or her in general but she is no where to be seen.

She ran from me.

"Damnit!" I yell out of anger.

Why the hell didn't I run up to the ledge as soon as she jumped? I could have caught up to her, but now she's fucking gone.

I sigh, should I try to find her or just leave in defeat?

HARLEY POV

As I see Louis walk down the street, I run back inside of the house.

I shut the door, locking it before walking into the living room. I grab a cigarette, lighting it, before taking a long drag.

Fuck.

Just seeing him for those brief moments made my throat clench, my heart beat fast, my body shiver. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to grab him by the collar of his black tshirt and kiss the hell out of him. But I couldn't, I can't.

A knock at the door pulls me from my thoughts.

I groan, standing up and walking to the door, my cigarette still in hand.

It's probably just Doc checking on me again.

I swing the door open, my eyes widen. I try to shut the door but he puts his shoe in it to stop it from shutting. Shit.

Louis pushes the door open, walking into the house.

I shut the door before turning to face him, he looks as shitty as I do. The bags under his eyes show he's been getting little sleep, as do the dark circles.

"Since when do you smoke?" He questions

I ignore his comment as I walk into the living room, plopping down on the couch.

Louis follows me, sitting in the worn out chair to the right of me.

Anger fills my senses when Louis rips the cigarette out of my hand, burning it out in the ash tray.

"What the hell-" I snap

Louis interrupts me, "Listen to me." He growls

"Fuck you." I retort

Louis sighs, "You look like you haven't eaten."

"I haven't." I admit

I am quite aware of how deathly skinny I look.

"Why?" He questions

I scoff, "Why the hell do you think jackass?"

Louis nods his head, "I haven't eaten much either..."

I just stare at him, with no emotion.

"So what have you been doing for the past 18 days?" He asks

"Drinking, smoking, crying, and listening to music." I answer truthfully

Louis winces at my words, I know he feels guilty. He should. This is his fault.

"I've been doing the same." He whispers

I look into his sorrowful eyes, "Really?"

He nods his head.

Silence overtakes us. I don't think either of us knows what to say, I know I don't.

"Are you going to come back?" Louis finally asks

I take a deep breath,
"I-I don't know if I can."

"Why can't you?" Louis asks, I can tell he's getting frustrated

"Because-because you ruin me and I let you. Over and over again I let you slowly eat away at the only good parts of me that I have left. I can't afford to be constantly hurt Louis, it makes everything too hard for me." I whisper

"And you think this hasn't been hard for me? Harley I have never felt this way about anyone. You drive me fucking crazy, all of the time. I've never felt the pain that I've felt for the past 18 days. The pain in my chest that will only go away if you're with me." Louis confesses

"Louis. Look at us. We both look like absolute shit. We're putting each other through hell. We're toxic for each other." I reason

Louis moves to the couch, sitting closer than I'd like him to. His hand rests on my knee, my breath hitches in my dry throat.

"Then let's be toxic together." He whispers before connecting our lips

The kiss is needy, breathless, passionate. Louis is far more intoxicating than any alcohol. The way his tongue moves in perfect sink with mine, the way his hands cup my jaw, the feeling of our metal lip rings grazing each other. It's addicting. It's toxic. It's perfect.

-------------------------
I know it's a short first chapter, but I wanted it to end in a certain way. (:

The picture above or to the side is, of course, supposed to be Harley & Louis. Ignore the hair colors and outfits. It's them okay? They just don't look like them. (:

New chapter soon! Hope you all like it!

Read on my g-landers
--------> ------->

-xLounna