Chapter 6 - 𝘝𝘦 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘐𝘬𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘢...

रूह का बंजारा रे परिंदा
छड्ड गया दिल का रे घरौंदा,
छड्ड गया दिल का रे घरौंदा तोड़ के
रे घरौंदा तोड़के, गया छोड़ के....

He has known Mishti since school days, which means it's been almost 15 years since he first came across the name, "Mishti Kashyap". Anurag smiled. But he got to know her almost accidentally, 6 years ago. He still wonders, what if he never went to that stupid farewell party at Abir's place! Maybe he'd have never got the chance to talk to Mishti properly for the first time.

The universe always has its own way of accomplishing what it is meant to be, Mishti said, staring at the stars while walking back to home. And that day, for the first time Anurag looked at Mishti properly. Even the shining stars in the sky were nothing in front of the brightest smile of her. But that night throughout the whole party Mishti wasn't her usual self. "Maybe because Abir was leaving!", Anurag thought. Yet she was shining, brighter than that starry night... Anurag still remembers.

Their first proper conversation was ironically a very gloomy one and he, for the first time realized the emptiness in those seemingly happy eyes of the girl who deserved nothing but love! And unknowingly his heart promised to make her smile.

And he did. He could make her smile. He could always make her smile.

Since that day, his only wish has been to bring every happiness of the world under her footsteps.

He would even turn the world upside down to make her smile.

And today, his Mishti was smiling wholeheartedly after so long... without his efforts!

"You should be so happy today Anurag Basu. Come on! Don't be selfish. Your best friend is so happy... And you know that she deserves all the smiles. Haa toh phir kya hua agar uski pyari si hasi ki wajah tu na ban paya! Lekin dekh woh kitni khush hai... Arey ab toh tujhe pareshan hone ki bhi zaroorat nahi hai uske liye! And who are you feeling sad for? Mishti had cleared her equation with you long before. So how can you expect anything else? If you did, then it's your fault. Now smile Anurag, smile.."

Anurag couldn't hold his tears anymore...

**********

इत रातुं बासी-बासी, पड़ी है सिरहाने
बंद दरवाजा देक्खे लौटी है सुबह !
ठंडी है अंगीठी सीली, सीली है दीवारें
गूंजे टकरा के इनमें दिल की सदा...

Abir was very relaxed after so long. He never really realized that, but there was always a guilt chasing him after he broke up with Mishti. And Mishti's ignorance was firing it up every time.

"Not anymore, Abir." His smile broadened. "I'm so grateful to you Mishti. You'll never know how good you've done, you finally spoke to me Mishti. I missed you so much."

Although he felt that always, Abir never really thought much that Mishti's absence in his life changed him in many ways. Not that he was unhappy, but he always sought a close friend in her and that's what he missed the most after their break-up. His only guilt was that with Mishti, he lost a dear friend. But now, everything is awesome. Mishti talks to him finally.

"Things are finally falling into places." Abir rejoiced.

"Brooooo, so happy haa? Kya baat hai..." Nishant almost jumped at Abir out of nowhere. "Bhabhi ke baare me soch raha hai, hai na?"