You Cannot Tell Anyone

Start from the beginning

"Michel, what on earth are you talking about? She doesn't even understand french," I say in English since my mother was gone.

Apparently that was not good. "En français!" He chided loudly, making me jump.

"Désolé, qu'est-ce que c'est?" I asked. Sorry, what was it?

He put on a thoughtful look. "Maintenant, ce n'est pas une façon de parler à quelqu'un qui a des informations importantes pour vous," he tutted with a shake of his head. Now, that is no way to talk to someone who has some important information for you.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. "Tu fais que ça ressemble à un deal de drogue." You make this sound like a drug deal.

"Shut up," he says in English. "Je suis sûr que ta mère détesterait découvrir ce garçon que tu embrassais." He raised an eyebrow at me. I'm sure your mother would hate to find out about that boy you were kissing.

My mouth fell open at his words. "Not here!" I whispered at him. "People can hear us!"

"Oui, mais ils ne peuvent pas nous comprendre. Personne ne parle français sauf nous." Yes, but they can't understand us. No one speaks french except us.

"Rory parle Français," I tell him cautiously. Rory speaks french.

He rolls his eyes at my skepticism. "Elle n'est pas douée pour ça, et tu vas lui dire de toute façon." She's not any good at it, plus you're gonna tell her anyway. He was always annoyed at Rory's french. It was pretty funny to watch sometimes.

I could see some other guest looking at me and Michel in curiosity, no doubt wondering what we were talking about. "Tu ne peux le dire à personne," I tell him sternly. You cannot tell anyone. I didn't bother to even ask him how he knew. I just wanted to know no one else found out.

"I won't, I just want you to remember this conversation the next time I ask you to get me away from the swans. Away from the swans do not mean towards the swan." He threatens as I try not to burst out laughing as I recall the prank I pulled on him.

"I won't if you won't," I agree as I stick out my hand for him to shake. "Deal?"

He grasps my hand in his with a nod of his head. "Deal."

~~~

"Do you really need this many books?" My mum asked me from on top of my bed.

She was trying to close my suitcase by sitting on in. The room was littered with clothes and books. Not to mention bags that I would need for Washington. It annoyed me that Jess had to come the exact same day I was leaving.

The whole day had been one hell of a rollercoaster. First we had Sookie's wedding. Then Jess came, and he kissed me. Wow, he kissed me. Me! I should remember to call him when I'm in Washington.

"Cassie!" My mum snapped her fingers in front of my face. I was pulled out of my thoughts as I look toward her. She had gone off the bed to sit down in front of me on the floor. "You look like you're high."

I furrow my brows at her. "I do not look high."

"Yeah, you do. You look all giddy and everything," she smirks at me. "What're you thinking about?"

I felt myself blush at being found out. "Hugh Grant," I lied. I couldn't exactly tell her who I was really thinking about. She didn't even know that he was back yet and I didn't wanna be here when she did.