24: Off The Grid

[Bell's Point of view]

I'm back at home.

In the small room I live in probably since my existence. The harmattan air isn't kind on me as I shiver uncomfortably.

Mother is in my room...she's crying

"Bell" she weep

"Omo mi"[My child] she sobs

Then I open my mouth to tell her that I'm just a few meters from her but instead darkness grip me and I started to fall.

I scream bracing myself for the pain that would surely come.

"Little princess"

I know the pain is near.

"Little princess...dammit Grain call the nurses"

Here it comes...

One

Two

Three

My eyes flew open. I'm breathing heavily and my body is in pain

"It's okay little princess, it'd just a nightmare" someone says beside me

I slowly turn my head, my eyes lock with my favourite sea of green. It's appealing like am being sucked in

"Pain" I whisper

It may be a nightmare but...The pain was evident. The whole of my body is in pain.

"Hush Bella.. I'm here" His fingers brush lightly against my forehead.

I surrender myself to sleep.
___

I woke up in a warm quilt bed. I could hear the soft hiss of wood at the fireplace.

I start to sit up but end up groaning from pain.

"Easy" A young Lady about my age said as she gently lay me back on the bed.

"My name is Mimi and I tend to you" she added

Too disoriented to ask her what she meant by 'tend' I tried to sit up again.

"You are still unwell tis best you lay down" Says the girl

I nod awkwardly.

"Water" I whisper

The room was slightly illuminated by the fire at the fireplace and I couldn't figure the size of the room.

There's a pleasant smell in the air and I just keep inhaling.

Mimi helps me with the water...turns out I'm weaker than I thought.

The thought register's itself. My eye widen.

"Where are..." The door open, Gavin walks in with a middle aged man trolling behind him.

In a twinkle of an eye Gavin is beside me stroking my forehead and whispering calming words.

Like he was trying to push away my thoughts from the ugly incident.

But it was too late.

"Are they okay" My eye begin to water

He doesn't answer me instead he  turned to the young girl.

"I told you to beckon on me as soon as she awake" He said sternly

"She just woke up your grace" Her head hung low as she respond.

He mutters something to the young girl who inturn rush out of the room only to return with an Old woman in apron.