Chapter 07

After breakfast, the two girls got cleaned up. Quinn kept on giving Santana pointed looks, and finally the the other girl spoke up. "Fine, lets talk," Santana muttered, giving in. Quinn sighed. 

"I know it's really hard, but it'll feel better if you let all your feelings out." Santana raised an eyebrow.

"Geez, Fabray, Mr. Schue must be rubbing off on you," Santana teased. This time, Quinn was the one who blushed. Grinning despite the coming conversation, she sat cross-legged on the couch. Quinn sat down next to her, and nudged her. Finally, Santana gave in, and started to open up. 

"Once upon a time, there was a little Latina girl named Santana," she began sarcastically. Quinn shot her a glance, and Santana realized she couldn't joke her way out of this. "Ok, fine. About one year ago, my mom passed away." Quinn nodded, she knew this. "My dad was... well, he was really pissed about it. He drank a lot, and that seemed to numb the pain a bit." Pause. "Eventually, he realized that just drinking wasn't enough. Once when he came home drunk, he started screaming at me. He was yelling about how it was all my fault that my mom died, and it should have been me, and if they weren't paying for my food and my expenses, we could have afforded to keep her alive," So far, Santana was succeeding at keeping her voice mostly monotone, but Quinn heard her voice crack at the last word. To keep her calm, Quinn reached a hand around and started massaging the other girl's neck. Santana continued. "I guess he thought to himself, 'Hey! Letting out all my anger on my daughter makes me feel better!' So, he kept doing it. Every. Single. Day." Santana let out a shaky breath. 

"He then started physically hurting me indirectly- like the thing I told you before with the emetics. He also did stuff like taking my textbooks out of my bag, which caused me major stress at school." Quinn was listening in pity, and noticed Santana slowly letting her head droop towards her lap. "Then one day, the hitting started." Quinn could tell this was going to be one of the hardest parts. "It started with a punch in the stomach, and it got worse and more severe from there- he loved to kick and use a belt to lash against my back." At this point, tears were falling from her eyes, and her head was resting on Quinn's lap. "It got better for a while, maybe he got bored... then about a month ago, it got worse again. Much worse. And when he found out I was a lesbian... well, lets just say that gave him another reason to hate me." She started to break down.

"Q, I can't do this anymore." Quinn stroked her hair. 

"It's ok hun," she comforted. "Don't push yourself." Santana was sobbing, all her suppressed emotions spilling out. At school, Quinn had never seen her show any emotion other than "snarky bitch". Occasionally she would be sweet and kind, and those moments had been more and more common after they joined Glee Club, but she had never shown weakness. 

"I hate this! I hate that my dad does this to me. I hate that you have to see me like this. I hate... I hate that I believe what my dad says! I'm a useless slut that's a waste of space. I'm a hideous, idiotic delinquent that doesn't deserve any sympathy. I should have been the one to die instead of her!" Quinn couldn't stand hearing Santana say these things anymore, and hoisted her up to face her.

"Santana Diabla Lopez, look at me! Don't you dare let any of those thoughts cross your mind ever again. You're beautiful, and without you, I don't know what I would do. I love you Santana, and you'd better remember that." After the words left her mouth, Quinn realized what she had said could be taken many different ways. Santana smiled.

"Oh, Quinn Fabray loves me?" she said with a smirk. Quinn's face turned red. "Heh, that's good to know." She sighed. "Not going to lie, talking to you is pretty nice." Her face grew redder. "Also- you're adorable when you're embarrassed." Santana relaxed in the blonde's lap. 

"Hey, Quinn?" The blonde, recovered from her embarrassment, blinked. "Have you ever thought... that you're anything other than straight?" The question caught her by surprise, and she didn't know how to reply. I mean, what was she? She had dated Finn and Puck, but she didn't really click with either one. But she'd never dated a girl, so she wouldn't know if it was for her or not.

"Honestly, San? I have no clue." Santana looked up at her with raised eyebrows.

"I'll keep that in mind," she said mysteriously.