Chapter 35

Timeskip to Sectionals

Santana did some last minute vocal warmups, wheeling her chair in circles. She felt someone tap her on the shoulder. "Hey Santana!" It was Blaine. Santana forced a smile. "Nervous?" He asked sympathetically.

She snorted. "Me? Nervous?" Blaine raised an eyebrow and didn't reply. "Okay, fine. I'm terrified." She groaned and massaged her forehead. "Everyone's going to be dancing, and I'm just going to be there... in a wheelchair. Everyone's gonna look at me and think, "oh, poor kid. Has to sit there while everyone else has fun." God, I just-" Blaine cut her off.

"Santana- shut up." Santana was taken aback. Did Blaine just tell her to shut up? "I don't want you saying those things. You're- you're a badass, Santana. Whether you're in a wheelchair or doing backflips in Cheerios, you're still you." He smiled sheepishly. "And, uh, sorry about telling you to shut up."

She laughed. "I'll let it slide this time." Santana nodded at him. "And I needed that. Thanks." Blaine leaned over a bit awkwardly to give her a hug, and Santana hugged him back. "Break a leg," she said. 

A few minutes later, Quinn came up to her with a small pouch. "Makeup time," the blonde announced. She pulled up a stool. "Looks like you already have foundation on. I've already done mine," she explained. Santana smirked.

"Wow. For once, I'm not the most beautiful person in the room." Quinn blushed, and hastily continued to apply Santana's makeup. 

"Okay, close your eyes," Quinn ordered. "And if you say some cheesy crap along the lines of "I would, but that would mean I couldn't admire you" I swear to god, I will make you look like a clown." Santana waggled her eyebrows playfully but closed her eyes without comment as Quinn applied mascara and eyeliner. 

Once she was done, Quinn handed Santana a mirror. "Voila." Santana was impressed- Quinn was a very good makeup artist. "Do you like it?" She sounded genuinely nervous. Santana smiled and tucked a strand of Quinn's hair behind her ear. 

"Of course I love it, hermosa," she murmured. Quinn laughed lightly. Both of their heads turned when they heard Mr. Schue calling everyone over. They joined the others, holding hands. 

Mr. Schue let out a sigh. "Well, here we are." He paused. "This has been a hard few weeks for all of us... and very hard for some of us." He shot Santana a pointed look. "But we got through it. Together." He grinned. "Is there anything else anyone would like to say?" Quinn raised her hand. "Yes Quinn?"

Without a word, Quinn crouched down, gently held Santana's cheek, and brought her own lips to meet hers. They had kissed many times before, but this was different. This was a kiss fueled by happiness; by a sense of relief and freedom. They were just two teenagers in love.

"Sorry," Quinn said quietly as she pulled away. "I just had to do that." There were a few moments of silence, and Quinn started to fear that she made the others uncomfortable. To her surprise, they started clapping. Kurt blew them a kiss, and Mercedes winked at them. "Heh, thanks."

"Well, come on guys. Hands in the middle." They all knew what was happening, and they all did as they were told. "Santana, do you want to lead us?" She nodded.

"AMAZING!"

---------------------

It was almost there time to go on. They were in their places backstage, and Santana was standing by Quinn. She heard a voice pipe up from behind them. "Hey San!" It was Brittany. "I just wanted to say hi. You know... the Unholy Trinity and all that." She smirked.

Quinn turned around. "Before we go on, do you want to do our own little show circle? Just the three of us." Santana and Brittany nodded excitedly. "Okay, I'll lead." They placed their hands in the middle, and in a quiet voice, Quinn spoke.