Fish Out Of Water 3: That Was Fintastic

Start from the beginning

Biffa had managed to convince him that his newly acquired taste for raw fish is ok, it's not going to hurt him. It had taken him quite a bit of time to convince him.

The fish swimming above his head circle around before floating down. Once in range Xb darts up and grabs one. Grinning he brings it back to the surface to show Doc.

"Good job," Doc grins, "I should warn you, uh you've gotten really lucky so far. You probably won't always catch your prey."

Xb nods, "Yeah, I didn't think it would be that easy."

"I think you've gotten the basics down," Doc smiles softly, "So, the meteor is going dormant again later today."

Xb's face noticeably brightens at that, "I will be glad this is over."

"I don't blame you," Doc murmurs, "The meteor has been pretty nasty to you."

Looking down at his body Xb laughs a little, his tale flops on the warm concrete, "One good thing has come from this."

"And what might that be?" Doc grins.

"I can give really good hugs now."

Doc snorts, "You do give good hugs."

As they talk a small flake of blue magic floats down and lands on Xb's tale. A Vex pops into existence as Xb gasps, his spines puffing out slightly.

"Oh sorry about that," The Vex giggles, "We didn't want to startle you."

"It's ok," Xb waves his hand. As he deflates to normal size the Vex explains what's happening.

"Since the meteor is just about dormant again his magic is pliable so it will be easily altered," The Vex turns to Xb, "We don't know where our magic will start working but you should return to a normal size soon," With that, the Vex fizzles out of existence.

Shrugging Xb lays back down and lets Doc inspect his tail.

"We should try to figure out just how you propel yourself through the water," Doc hums.

"Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"

"You don't really have knees, but you do have a more flexible part of your tail. Do you move more at the waist or at the flexible part of the tail?"

"It depends, normal swimming around I think I move more from the waist but if I need to do tight corners I'll use the bottom half of my tail."

Xb sucks in a breath as his vision seems to waver, pressing his stomach against the concrete he clutches at his head. When Doc sees what's happening he rushes over.

As Xb shrinks back to his usual size, tears form in his eye. Doc gently rubs his back before picking him up, bracing him against the wall, and carefully giving him some water after he's back to his normal size.