Down The Rabbit Hole

_____________________________________________________________________________

The next day, Riley left Venus's place early in the morning to pick Luna up at the airport. She had promised that they would meet everyone at the clubhouse when they got back to town to figure out what to do with Minerva's new house. She knew that technically she wasn't supposed to leave town, but she thought that since she was planning on coming back, she didn't see a problem. Chibs had offered to ride along, but she had politely refused. She still had reservations about involving The Sons in anything that the women did, but Ariel, Venus, and Minerva all felt that it was fine, even necessary.  She herself wasn't planning on letting a roguish smile and Scottish charm turn her head.

She shook her head as she stepped into the gas station to pay for her gas, thinking that her three friends had let their heads be turned by handsome faces. They'd always been a perfectly tight unit, each woman single and able to be wherever her sisters needed her to be, but now, it looked like three of them were tying themselves down to a town and a group of men.

As she waited in line to pay, she felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up. She looked around, not really noticing anything out of the ordinary. Behind her was an elderly lady who smiled when they made eye contact and over by the lottery, there was a youngish looking man that looked like he was trying not to stare at her. She turned back to the cashier as it became her turn, asking for a pack of cigarettes and setting the coffee she had made on the counter to pay.

As she walked out the door, the feeling that she was being watched persisted, so much so that she turned and walked backward to her car. Once inside the vehicle, the feeling let up slightly, causing her to take a deep calming breath. She shook her head as she pulled out of the gas station, thinking that she was letting herself get spooked for nothing.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"So, these guys that the other girls are involved with... I've done some research."

Riley grinned and nodded as she took the on-ramp for the highway that would take them back to Charming. "I would expect nothing less. What is your gut telling you?"

Out of all of her sisters, Riley trusted Luna the most to give her the straight truth, no sugar-coating involved. As an empath and healer, Luna was a quiet woman by nature, always more content to sit back and observe everyone else.

Now, Luna shrugged as she looked out at the passing cars. "If I go by what my head says, then I'd say that we all need to stay far away from the whole group."

Riley nodded. "I get that, believe me, but that's why I asked what your gut said. It's never wrong."

Luna grinned as she looked at Riley. "My gut says that they're good men. Now, that's on the first observation of the research I did, but I don't think my opinion will change once I actually meet them." She reached over and patted Riley's hand on the steering wheel. "You have reservations. Why?"

Riley sighed and shrugged. "There's one... his name is Chibs. I... I don't know how to handle him." She shrugged again. "I have no problem with the other girls getting involved with Sons. I'm not their mother, after all."

Luna nodded as she chuckled quietly. "When you say that you don't know how to handle him, you really mean he makes you nervous. You're afraid that you'll end up loving this man, and you'll just be like everyone else instead of the lone wolf that you love to be."

Riley muttered under her breath. "You know I hate it when you do that shit."

Luna chuckled harder, nodding in agreement. "I do know it, but you haven't argued the point either." When Riley just shrugged, she continued. "I know that Minnie said that Amdis was on her way back from New Orleans, but what about Barney and Celeste? Have we heard from them?"

Riley shook her head. "No, they're in the wind somewhere, but I'm sure they'll turn up eventually."

Luna nodded as she let her head lay back against the headrest. "I'm sure they will too."

_______________________________________________________________________________

When Riley parked beside Minerva's truck and they both got out, Bobby shook his head and turned a shocked face to a chuckling Chibs. "Aren't there any ugly women in this group? Jesus, man."

Chibs shook his head as he watched Riley walk across the lot, looking like his personal dream in ripped jeans, a black tank top, and beat-up leather jacket, scratched up Doc Martens on her feet. "I dinnae think so, Bobby."

Bobby shook his head as he watched the women walk their way. "It's not fucking fair, brother. How are we supposed to fight against that shit?"

Chibs and Bobby both jumped when someone slapped them on the shoulder, looking back to see Tig chuckling behind them as he nodded to the women. "You're not supposed to fight it, Bobby. Just enjoy the ride, brother." He grinned as Riley and Luna stopped in front of them. "You much be Luna. Welcome to Charming, doll." He hooked a thumb over his shoulder. "The other ladies are waiting inside."

Luna smiled and nodded. "You must be Tig, Venus's man. She's described you quite accurately." She turned to Chibs with a grin. "Let me guess. You're Chibs." When he nodded, she turned to Bobby with a shy smile. "I'm afraid I don't know who you are just yet."

Bobby cleared his throat, making Tig and Chibs snicker. "I'm Bobby Munson, sweetheart. Like Tig said, welcome to Charming."

Luna nodded as Riley motioned toward the door, rolling her eyes at the guys as they all smiled like lovesick idiots. As the two women walked inside, Riley chuckled and spoke quietly to an amused Luna. "I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd swear Minerva cast a spell over the male population of Charming."