1.2

The six pull into the preserve in Stiles' teal blue Jeep, illuminating the sign warning against entry after dark with the Jeep's headlights

The six pull into the preserve in Stiles' teal blue Jeep, illuminating the sign warning against entry after dark with the Jeep's headlights. Stiles and Clary get out with a flashlight in there hands. Scott and the rest follow, hurrying to keep up with them as they walk in the dark woods. "We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Kaleb said. "I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott told them. "Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Alex said. "No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott said. They looks back at Scott in disbelief. "Hey, that's the spirit! Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." Kaleb said.

The group walk in silence for a beat before Scott speaks up in the same sarcastic tone Alex used. "Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" He asked. Stiles and Clary looks somewhat sheepish in response to this question. "Huh! We didn't even think about that." Stiles said. "And, uh... what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" Emma asked. Clary and Stiles looked embarrassed. "Also something I didn't think about." Clary said.

Scott and Emma roll there eyes in amusement as the group start to hike up a hill. " It's comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Scott said. Scott's breathing starts to become rapid, shallow, and wheezy as the group continue up the hill, with Scott struggling to keep up with Stiles and Clary's quick pace. Emma stopped and looked at scott. "Are you ok?" She asked him. She always had a huge crush on scott but she knew he will never see her in that way. "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh? And im fine emma." He said giving the blonde a smile.

Scott leans his back against a nearby tree as he pulls his inhaler out of his pocket. However, when Stiles and the group keeps pushing on, Scott continues to make his way up the hill after them. When they see a handful of people ahead of them waving flashlights around as part of the search, Stiles and the group dive behind a large fallen tree branch as they plan their next move, turning off the flashlight so they don't attract attention. Unfortunately for them both, Stiles' and Clary's  impatience eventually wins out, and they whispers back to Scott and the group, as they jumps up and run toward the action.

"Wait!" They group whisper yell to the two. "Come on!" They whisper yelled back. Scott, still wheezing, tries to stop Stiles and Clary, to no avail. Scott quickly takes a hit from his inhaler before scrambling to catch up with them. Him and the rest try their best to call after their best friends without also alerting anyone else that they are there. "Stiles! Clary!" Scott calls.

Stiles and Clary finally hears the last attempt to call their names, but the split second of distraction caused the nearby K9 officer to start barking at them, scaring them so much they fall backwards onto the ground. The deputy with the search dog immediately points them flashlight at Stiles and Clary as they try to recover from the shock.

"Hold it right there!" A deputy said to them. Stiles and Clary put their hands up while Scott and the others, several meters behind them, hide behind nearby trees, pressing there back to it and closing there eyes as though it will keep them from being seen. Just then, another male voice is heard-- it is Noah Stilinski, Stiles' father and the Sheriff of Beacon County.

"Hang on, hang on." Mr. Stilinski said. Stiles and Clary stand to their feet, shielding there eyes from the bright flashlight held toward them by the deputy. The sheriff sighs. "These little delinquents belong to me." He said. Clary just smiled and waves sheepishly.

*Chapter 2 complete*