1.18

Kaleb walked up to Allison after seeing her trying to hide her balloons

Kaleb walked up to Allison after seeing her trying to hide her balloons. “Is today your birthday?” He asked. “No, no. Uh, no.” Allison tried to deny but Kaleb gave her a look.

“I mean, yes.” She finally admitted Kaleb smiled at her. “Please don't tell anybody. I don't even know how Lydia found out.” Allison told Kaleb. Kaleb frowned. 

“Why wouldn't you tell me?” He asked. He was sad she didn’t tell him he could have gotten her something. “Because I don't want people to know... Because... I'm seventeen…” She said sheepishly. Kaleb was surprised.

“You're seventeen?” He asked. He was surprised that she was older than him but that didn’t change what he felt about her. “That's the reaction I'm trying to avoid.” Allison told Kaleb. 

“Why? I mean, I-I totally get it. Uh, you had to repeat a year because of all the moving around, right?” Kaleb said just to get a kiss from Allison. Kaleb was stunned.

“What was that for?” He asked his girlfriend. “For literally being the first person to ever make the correct assumption. Everybody's always like, "What, did you get held back?" "Did you ride the short bus?" Uh, "Did you have a baby?"” She told him. 

“That's what you hear on your birthday?” Kaleb asked. “Oh, yeah. All day long.” She responded. Kaleb then had an idea. “Then... what if we got out of here?” He said. Allison looked at him shocked.

“Skip class?” She asked. Kaleb smirked. “Skip the whole day.” He corrected her. “Well, you're asking someone who's never skipped one class to bail out the entire day, and I don't--.” Allison started to only get cut off by Kaleb. “No, see, that's perfect! If you get caught, they'll go easy on you.” He said. 

Allison looked at him. “Well, what if you get caught?” She asked him not wanting for him to get in trouble. Kaleb thought about what his uncle Finn would say. He then looked at her. “We will be fine.” He said and grabbed her hand and left the school.