Chapter 8 || Soft Spot for Him

UNEDITED. ◇♡
Flow will pick up soon, get ready for a storm.

SOFT SPOT FOR HIM

Mr. Williams isn't in class today.

When I went to his classroom, it was empty, void of his powerful presence.

So instead of choosing to mope around missing him, I decided to go to the library and get some work done.

Entering into the vicinity of the library, my head-out of habit- turns towards the books on the shelf, classic literature.

I honestly don't know what I would have done if those books didn't exist to help me through life. Even if it's only fantasy. I know they'll make me forget my sadness; the emptiness that comes with his absence.

But it surprises me when I see Mr. Williams in my peripheral view, anxiously browsing through the collection of books, blue eyes shining with interest, cheeks tinted a rosy hue. He looks so unbelievably gorgeous that even I halt in my steps, just to appreciate the beauty God has blessed him with.

When I realize how much this man really loved literature, I wish he could have shared even half of the same enthusiasm for me. I would have died happy.

"Hi, Mr. Williams," I approach him, making him look up from his mission. The light disappears from his eyes, thinned lips greeting me in its slumber.

"Are you stalking me?"

"You're not interesting enough for me to want to do that, but you can keep dreaming," I hum, amazed by my confidence, but also a tad bit scared of his reaction.

"Coming from a child, that sounds much more a compliment than an insult," I feel the breath knocked out of me when he refers to me as a child.

Fúck him. How dare he.

"This child here can rock your world if she wanted to," I murmur lamely.

"What? I didn't catch that."

"Nothing..." I stress, letting my hand caress the books in the shelves.

A steady silence befalls us when he, too, goes back to browsing the books, and I find myself relishing in this moment we're sharing. Even though the only thing that greets us is the calm of the atmosphere.

Which I, of course, decide to break.

"Why weren't you in the classroom?"

"I wanted an escape from you, but I guess I can't escape you since you were able to find me here," he says skeptically, and I whirl around to look at him with a pout.

Am I really that bad of company?

"I'm joking. Stop looking at me like a kicked puppy."

"What's the real reason?"