2.

School was crap.

Of course it had to be crap, it belonged to this place.

I was currently in my APs class and I'm sharing it with Shaun amongst my friends and of course, I was also sharing it with Stephanie.

I had no problem with her but as long as she won't talk shit about my bestfriend.

Shaun was currently sitting next to me and Stephanie was sitting behind us with her friends, Lexi and Sylvia.

They were the 'it' girls of the school, with the fancy clothing and all and they wanted Harmony to join them since she also has an eye for fashion but Harmony wants nothing to do with them plus she wouldn't leave me just like that.

I liked drawing, and I was out of this world right now and attending to my drawings, I don't even know what I was drawing but I was drawing.

"Ms Barrymore, is your drawing an explanation to what we're discussing about?".

Shit.

Mrs Ashwell was now standing in front of me and I didn't even realize it until now.

"Sorry".

That was all I could mutter before closing shut my drawing book.

Shaun gives me a worried look.

But I was not going to give in to it.

"Give me that book, you'll get it back at the end of this semester".

Mrs Ashwell says handing her hand out.

No, there's no way she was going to get my book.

"Mrs Ashwell, it won't happen again".

I try to be as polite as I can be.

"This is not a debate, hand it over now Brooklyn".

I flinch at the use of my full name.

"I can't do that, p-please you can't take it away from me".

I say, begging.

"You should've thought about that before opening it at my session during my time, I won't ask you again".

She gives me a stern look before folding her hands.

No.

She can't do this to me.

This book is the only thing that keeps me sane in this hell hole.

So no, the bitch standing right in front of me with red flaming hair wasn't going to get my damn book.

I look around the classroom carefully for what I was about to say to Mrs Ashwell.

Until a very familiar voice interrupted...

"Take the damn book Mrs Ashwell, the freak is disrupting the class".

Oh no, she didn't.

I turn my head slowly to the back of the classroom, there a very certain Blondie was smirking at me.

Bloody Stephanie.

My eyes saw red.

I was about to punch her nose since she wasn't so far but Shaun touched my arm...

"Brooke just give it to her, you'll get it back, today even".

He whispers.

He can see the hesitation in my eyes before squeezing my hand...

"I promise".

Letting out a shaky breath, I decide to trust Shaun and give up my book.

"Thank you, your highness Ms Brooklyn Barrymore".