Part 16

To Marry a Vigilante: Part 16

-----------

Chloé couldn't believe it! They forced her to stay in Gotham Academy's girls' dorms. That witch Lila managed to talk Madame Bustier into stopping her from leaving. Marinette had her mother's permission to stay elsewhere, but apparently, the change in accommodation plans invalidated Chloé's father's permission. She would resolve it with a single phone call if someone didn't steal her phone. She of course tried to report it to Madame Bustier, but her teacher declared that she must've lost it somewhere and she shouldn't be shifting the blame on others.

That woman's picture should be in every dictionary, right next to the definition of a hypocrite.

She turned the corridor. She could sleep one evening there and tomorrow Marinette would let her borrow the phone. She could try with one of the girls, but it's not like she remembered every phone number in existence! She regretted that the akuma attack ruined their plans for the afternoon, but Damian had sword-fighting practice tomorrow and she would have her friend all to herself.

"You're Chloé, right?" A blonde cheerleader asked. The Parisian immediately recognized her as Erica and narrowed her eyes. There were five of them and one of her.

"And you're the Queen B. of this school. For now."

The Gothamite princess had the guts to actually laugh. "You can't even touch me. You're just some foreign student that came here on a whim of the Ice Prince."

"Oh, right. You're the golden princess of this school." Chloé mocked her. "Lemme tell you something, Erica. I'll offer you an escape deal. You leave Damienette alone and you can keep your position on top."

"Yeah. Like you could be a threat." A new voice joined. From behind the cheerleaders, a new girl walked. Lila now wore the cheerleader uniform too. "You're just a walking akuma factory. It's really no wonder that people avoid you. You caused more possessions in Paris than everyone else combined."

"And you hold the record for times being akumatized." The Parisian blonde retorted. "Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous! You think you can take the Chloé Bourgeois?"

"Oh! We don't think..." Erica started.

"We know." Lila finished.

"The deal is simple. You will stop your friendship with Maribrat and we will let you keep some dignity."

"Or we will make you a social outcast. Not only at school, but in the whole of Gotham."

Inside, Chloé was raging. She wished she could show them what Cass taught her, but she quelled the idea quickly. I definitely spend too much time with Sabine and the Waynes... She thought to herself. Instead, she grinned. "You know the difference between a threat and a warning?"

"What are you babbling about?" One of the cheerleaders snorted.

"A warning is a threat that will actually come to pass. And I warn you. You're messing with fire here. Damian was raised very old-fashioned. He will draw blood to defend the honor of his angel." She decided that they could receive a warning. It's not like they would listen. "And Marinette's aunt is very well connected." Then, she decided to drive the nail deeper. "Plus, MDC's client list is quite long and none would appreciate that you try to bully their favorite designer."

"Like that doormat..." Lila started, but Chloé tested the glare Cass taught her. It worked well enough.

"You're not dealing with Maribear. You're dealing with me. And I'm not going to lose."

"What's going on here?" Allegra walked toward them and stood next to Chloé.

"Scatter." Lila snapped at her.