𝙲𝙷. 𝟸 ☯︎︎ 𝙴𝚗𝚍

Start from the beginning

"How much time until I get my address?" The girl grits through her teeth, swerving away from the man next to her momentarily and almost crashing into a random car.

"Okay! I've got it! 14199 Opal Avenue, Fever District, XN 22378." Glancing up at the street signs to locate herself, the girl realizes that she just passed that street.

"Jesus Christ, Yeosang! Why didn't you tell me earlier!"

"I just traced their signal! And you can't just say my name out loud like that! Besides, if it wasn't for your idiocy, we wouldn't be in this mess!" For once, she has nothing to say.

She realizes that he's right. If she hadn't lost her cool and shot all those rounds into the doctor then she wouldn't have had blood stains on her and it wouldn't have alerted the security team. She's gotten sloppy. She's never gotten this sloppy.

The man on the other bike throws a punch at her jaw but she bends backward to avoid it, getting a good look at the other two motorcyclists that are closing in behind her.

Focus! She snaps at herself, dodging more of the man's blows and using the back of her gun to smack the man's jaw. She sees that he's struggling to keep his bike steady and an idea crawls into her head.

He had been leaning too heavily on her for support, so when she peels off he loses his balance and falls to the floor, rolling over the concrete. The other two motorcyclists that were coming in hot, trample over him and a warped cry rises into the air momentarily before the poor man is beheaded.

Without a moment to lose, the girl presses onward, maneuvering through the cars that are obstructing her way to the fuel truck. The distance between her and her last two pursuers narrows down when they increase their speed and she quickly cooks up a plan, slowing down to match their pace.

"Gear 4 on the bike. Now!" She commands Yeosang to change the gear on the motorcycle so that she can move around more freely and with reluctance he does as she tells him.

Slinging the strap of the duffel bag across her body and swinging her legs over to one side of the motorcycle, she balances one foot on the footpeg of the bike and extends her other leg the second the man gets close enough to her.

Still holding on to her bike's handles for support, she brings her foot down hard and kicks the back of his head swiftly, knocking him out because of the sheer force of her kick.

Because of the force, she swivels her body and plops down on her motorbike seat a little too harshly when she notices that she's facing the opposite direction. The last purser is hot on her tail and he rams the front of his bike against the back of hers which almost causes her to fall onto him when she lurches forward.

She looks over her shoulder to see the looming figure of the fuel truck and mutters an apology to Yeosang ahead of time for what she's about to do.

She balances her feet on the seat of her bike, crouching down on it to wait for just the right time, and then launches herself over her purser's head, springing into the air like a coil and tuck-and-rolling the moment she comes in contact with the hard concrete street to minimize the damage.

She doesn't have time to wait around for what the results are, jumping to her feet and ignoring the nagging pain that shot up her wrist when her palm touched the floor. She sprints the opposite way that her bike and the motorcyclist were heading, knowing what will happen to her if she doesn't move quickly.

Cars honk at her and come to a halt when they see her running like a madwoman on the street. Her heart pounds with adrenaline and the blood pumps through her veins at a faster pace with each movement but she continues to run through her exhaustion.