𝙲𝙷. 𝟷 ☯︎︎ 𝙼𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎

Start from the beginning

"I'm disabling them... now!" Without further prompting she steps out of the elevator and onto the velvety red carpet underneath her, pausing only to scan the area she's in. A neutral expression sets onto her features and she racks her memory for where exactly Montebello's room lies.

The hall around her is darker than the Banquet hall she just escaped from and much quieter, too. The eerie silence unsettles her slightly, and for a second she wishes to be back in that stuffy room with the prissy rich people. But it's only for a second.

"If I remember correctly, his room should be down the hall to the left. Room 309. I'll be keeping watch outside while you go in and I'll alert you of any suspicious activity." Her partner gives her a small heads up before his drone whirs past her, leading the way to the room.

She stealthily follows it, making as little noise as possible to not alert any lurking witnesses within these walls. When she arrives at the front of Room 309, she quickly opens her handbag, acting as inconspicuous as possible to take out one of her poker cards.

She looks up at the drone that's waiting overhead, flashing the card in front of it to catch its attention.

"You're coding better work because if you ruined my precious card I swear I'm going to beat you for it." She threatens before turning back around and casually swiping the thin object in front of the electric lock.

Instantly, she hears a click from inside the door followed by the little red light on the lock turning green to signify that she's in.

"I told you it'd work like a charm."

"Yeah, yeah," she brushes the man speaking in her earpiece off with an eye roll, a bit irritated that she lost her excuse to berate him. "I'll be out soon."

Slipping into the room without making a disturbance, she surveys the dark area closely, her eyes quickly adjusting to the complete darkness that fills the space save for the tiny night light.

Locking the door with the swipe of her card again, she can hear muffled giggles and other unsavory noises that she wishes she could block out. They filter in through the slightly cracked door that leads into the bedroom and she makes a small noise of disapproval.

"What is it?" Her earpiece chatters and her ever-present scowl grows larger.

"I think our targets are having a little too much fun with each other." The man on the line snickers and figuring that her time might be cut short if she doesn't move, she jumps straight into the action, pulling out two coin-looking metal disks. "You're not gonna wanna hear what's about to go down. I'm gonna silence our line while I'm inside and I'll hit you up the moment I get the things."

Turning off her earpiece, she looks down at the tiny disks or as her partner prefers to call them: Noise-cancelling bombs. They weren't actually bombs but he always had a knack for adding that word "bomb" after every gadget he created.

She places them on the door and they quickly activate, attaching themselves to the door as they were wired to do. The blue light flickers twice and then remains steady, letting her know that they're completely operational, which means the fun is just about to begin.

Walking to the center of what she supposes is the living room, she finds a record player with a record disk resting on it, almost as if waiting for her to play it.

Setting her handbag to the side of the record player, she contemplates it for a moment, wondering how beautiful it must sound.

Her fingers skim over the disc in hesitation but she soon plays it, the soft sound of a violin filling the air around her. For a moment, as she closes her eyes, she can feel herself being carried away by the hypnotic notes played, appearing in a different land. One where she didn't have to make a living out of killing for others, but at the end of the day, that's all she knew.