𝙲𝙷. 𝟷 ☯︎︎ 𝙼𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎

Beginne am Anfang

MALUS industries.

To the world, it would appear as the next revolutionary company since Apple. But to her, it was just a facade to the world of underground, criminally-insane people. The highest of society protecting the scum of society. Neat.

All those thousands of dollars people spend on the inventions produced and massively shipped are just funds that help the obscured but steadily growing enterprise. As the economy grows, so do the tensions between competitors and as tensions rise, so does the need for dirty work.

Which is where people like her come in.

"Alright, Goldie locks, Let's get this show on the road."

"Q! I told you I hate that name! It's Hetmon!" The male on the other end whines childishly.

"I know, Goldie," She teases, getting up gracefully from where she sat and tucking a loose strand of the terribly itchy blonde hair that fell in front of her eyes. How people manage to deal with long hair is beyond her.

Her lip curls up into a giddy grin as her hands begin to itch for what comes next. She can already feel the tingling in her stomach as she imagines what this kill will look like. She might even take her time on this so-called "Montebello" guy, considering the type of crappy-ass side business he has going on.

As she walks through the crowd of pampered people, she can feel their side-glances and snarky smiles trained on her. She's grateful that she listened to her partner when he gave her the concealment bracelet to hide her tattoos under a thin sheet of a hologram. If not, she would've had security on her tail.

Confidently still, she saunters through the crowd, pretending to be oblivious to it all. Some of the men check her out as she walks by, some more obviously than others thanks to the curve-hugging, navy-blue dress she has on. In this light, it appears to be different colors at once.

The column dress is a bareback with very thin, narrow shoulder straps that she's not even sure how it manages to hold up, but it does. The front is a cowl-neck design that plunges a bit lower than expected with a ruched side seam on her high-side slit.

The satin dress follows her every movement with just as much elegance as the wearer.

Her fake smile, one that comes naturally to her from the pent-up years of practice, holds up pretty well despite her inner battle with the disgust she has for these pigs.

While she puts up the charming front for the people around her, her true intentions go unnoticed. No one would have suspected her to be on the call for someone's head.

After all, people are gullible.

That's a lesson she learned early on.

Her black heels click lightly on the marbled floors and she clutches her matching handbag. Stepping in on time to get into the elevator, the temporary smile is wiped clean off her face and in its stead rests a smug expression as she presses the button to the top floor.

"What are you so happy about?" She hears her partner inquire as she looks up at the corner of the elevator where the little drone hovers neatly over her.

"Nothing," she brushes him off, moving to open her handbag. In it she finds the piece she'll need for this next part. Her poker cards. The elevator door dings open and the doors part, revealing a carpeted hall. "Objective."

"Neutralize both threats with minimal witnesses and retrieve the small sample of the drug that was stolen by the mole."

"Are the cameras off?"