"You are quite the gentleman, Sors," I chuckle.

The boy let's go of my hand and places both of his back on the hilt of his training saber. He seems to be nervous, yet excited.

"Is it as amazing as they say it is?" He asks.

"What?" I question.

"Being a Knight," he replies.

The truth is, I have grown to hate it. When I was first given the honour, I didn't think my life could get any better. Now that I've held the title for three years, I kind of wish I had never earned it.

Knighthood comes with many things that younglings and even Padawans would overlook. There are sacrifices, losses, and indescribable pain. I have had to make some tough calls over the course of the war that haunt me to this day. It is not easy, and I wish this sweet, innocent child before me never had to experience it.

That being said, the galaxy could be in a very different place by the time he is a Padawan. The Clone Wars should be over, and much of the galactic unrest should be finished.

"It is even more incredible," I say, choosing to lie to the boy. "We get to save lives every day and work hard to make the galaxy a better place."

The Order is all he has ever known and is likely all he ever will know. If I told him the truth, it would change how he views his life. I couldn't do that to a child.

"Everyone says that you and Master Skywalker are the bravest warriors in the galaxy," He adds.

I imagine Master Ti sees fragments of the youngling I was in this boy. In any of my classes, I would take every opportunity I had to ask as many questions as possible. I wanted to know everything about the Order. My heart belonged to knowledge over all else. Once I became a Padawan, however, I learned the significance of bravery and that is what sparked my somewhat reckless approach to everything I do.

"One day, when I'm a Knight, I want to be the strongest warrior," He adds, his tone containing glee and excitement rather than arrogance.

"The best warrior isn't determined by their strength, young one. The best warrior is whoever chooses good over evil every time, no matter how difficult it may be," I explain.

I unexpectedly make eye contact with Master Ti as I say this. She only holds my gaze for a few moments, but that short time is long enough for me to see the pride in her eyes. She taught me the importance of choosing the light and hearing me repeat this knowledge to a youngling would make her proud. 

"When I'm a Padawan, can you be my Master?" He asks, catching me completely off guard.

His request makes my heart race with joy. The younglings look up to Anakin and me; they idolise us. I would love to train Sors when he is ready to be a Padawan.

The one complication of this hits me within seconds. It doesn't matter how much I want to train Sors, it will never happen. I'm pregnant, and I will need to leave the Order long before he is even considered for the title of Padawan.

"I would certainly like to be your Master, Sors," I reply. "You focus on your youngling training, and when the time comes for you to be a Padawan, I promise the Order will choose the perfect Master for you."

His face lights up with hope. He truly believes that someday I will be his Master. I know the hope is false, but I cannot bring myself to take it away from him.

"How about you show me your lightsaber skills?" I suggest.

Sors nods excitedly and runs back to the rest of the younglings. Master Ti and I supervise them while also providing help whenever it is needed. If my departure from the Jedi Order weren't so close by, I would consider putting in a formal request to teach the younglings as one of my duties.