Chapter 12

(Amren POV)

Amren wasn't sure if she was shocked or not. While the fact that a mere human took down Cassian, the literal General of the Illyrian Armies was amazing and should be impossible, Amren had sort of expected this outcome.

The human—or Aelin, had a weird aura surrounding her. One that made even Amren nervous. It was too powerful for just a human, and the girl beating Cassian in a spar just cements Amren's theory that she's not who she says she is.

Amren watched as the girl hobbled over to a nearby bench, bleeding all the way. And maybe something in Amren melted just a bit, because she suddenly felt compelled to go help the girl—so she did.

Amren walked over to Aelin, then asked if she could remove her top so she could access the wound in her side, which happened to be the most serious of them all. Aelin seemed hesitant at first, but soon realized that she had no choice.

As she slowly lifted her top, gasps filled the air.

The entirety of her back was covered in horrifying scars that seemed to be caused by a whip. They were horrible and gruesome to look at, and Amren could've only imagined the pain Aelin felt when receiving them.

Amren quickly began healing the wound in the girls side before allowing her to put her top back on.

Aelin quickly got to her feet and left the room silently.

And as Amren watched her go, all she could think was, 'this person is not just a girl, she is a fighter. A warrior with a heart of flames."
____________________________________
Hey guys! I'm not dead!

I'm sorry for how long it took me to update. School and extra activities have been hogging up all my time. But, I've finally managed to catch a break!

I'd also like to promote a new, original book I've started. It's called "infected: 3 chances".
If you like fantasy, post-apocalyptic worlds, and a whole lot of gay, I'd recommend checking it out. The support would be great to have and I'd love to share what I have so far with more people. :)

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Have an awesome day!