Chapter 3

(Cassian's POV)

I was terrified that when Amren opened that box whatever's in there would kill us all instantly. Not that I would admit that of course. But I still had my doubts.

So when she approached the box and opened it, I was already in a fighting stance with my sword at the ready.

But what was in there was something we all didn't expect.

It was a women.

She had long golden hair that was matted and covered in blood, it surrounded her body like pillows. But that wasn't what unsettled us, no, it was the state she was in.

Her face was covered with an iron mask that had a beautiful design etched onto it and her arms were wrapped around her body with chains. She had multiple wounds and was covered in scars and blood. The shirt she wore was completely crimson having been stained with the amount of blood that poured out of her every wound.

Rhys immediately sent Azriel to get a healer while he and I carefully lifted the girl out of the coffin and onto a table face down. The back of her shirt was completely shredded and we could see every terrible mark on her back. Her back was covered in scars and open wounds from lashings, there used to be a tattoo there but it was destroyed because of the amount of times she was whipped.

I thought I was going to be sick, so did the others. This women looked younger then Feyre and she had suffered so much more then one could imagine. Why would someone do this to her? I'm glad Azriel isn't here right now cause this would most definitely bring back painful memories for him.

And just as I finished that thought, Azriel came rushing in with a healer.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Thanks for reading this chapter! I might write another one today but I'm not quite sure yet. Anyways hope you guys have an awesome day!

And remember, you're beautiful/handsome no matter what, so don't be afraid to be you!