birthday surprise

Requested by mani.of.eclipse

Warnings: none :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though it was supposed to be a special day for you today, you couldn’t help but feel sad. It was your birthday and Chris was in LA filming a new project. He had tried to get the day free in order to spend it with you but it wasn’t possible.

Your family had come to Boston in order to celebrate with you. Chris’s family decided they wanted to organize a birthday dinner and invited your family as well. 

As you were getting changed and ready to leave for the dinner, your phone started ringing and your mom’s name appeared on the screen.

“Hello, sweetie. Are you on your way?”

“Hey, mom. Yeah, I’m almost ready. I’ll be there in twenty minutes.”

“Ok, sweetie. See you in a few then.”

With that she hung up and you proceeded to finish fixing your hair. Once you were satisfied with your look, you grabbed your car keys and headed to the Evans home.

When you got there everyone started greeting you and giving you birthday wishes. Everyone was weirdly excited for you to open the gifts. You sat on the living room couch and everyone gave you their gifts. You received concert tickets, clothes, and books.

“You guys, thank you so much for these amazing gifts.” You hugged Miles who was right next to you.

“Do you guys wanna have some cake now?”

“No, wait!” Lisa urged, “We have one more gift left.”

Everyone led you outside to the back yard. It was decorated with fairy lights and there were a few picnic tables set up. Your dad, in the grill making some burgers. But then you noticed it. There was a huge gift in the middle of the backyard. 

“Go open it!” They encouraged you.

You walked towards the gift and noticed the only way to open it was by opening the huge lid. Once you opened the lid, the walls from the gift collapsed and you saw him. Tears were stinging your eyes. He made it.

Chris walked towards you and kissed you passionately.

“Happy birthday my love.”

“You made it.” You sniffled.

“I couldn’t miss my fiance’s birthday, could I?” You both smiled and he wiped your tears away with his thumb.

He dragged his thumb along your jaw and kissed you once more.

The rest of the night was amazing. You all sat in the backyard talking. Your parents told a few stories from when you were a kid and your most memorable birthdays.

Eventually, everyone went inside for some cake. It was an ice cream cake so they couldn’t really take it out of the fridge unless it was going to be eaten. You and Chris were left alone stargazing in the backyard.

Scott had brought a small speaker to put some music on. Chris stood up and connected his phone to the speaker, playing a song from his playlist. ‘All of me’ from John Legend started playing.

“Would you give me the honor of this dance, madam?”

“Well of course, kind sir.”

You both laughed and started swaying to the music.

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

You hid your face in the crook of his neck as you danced and he pressed his cheek to your forehead.

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh-oh

This turned out to be one of the most memorable birthdays you ever had. The best part? You got to spend it with your prince charming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this imagine! Remember to vote <3

Request from: mani.of.eclipse