Overprotective (All the guys)

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"It's no big deal, I can get it for ya." And with that, he walked off to fold the laundry himself, murmuring under his breath about women being impossible.

Huh.

You joined him, simply because it had been your chore to keep your mind at bay, though you did notice he worked fast to get most of it done before you did. What was up with that?

You were now three months along.

Next in line to being overprotective had been Leo. You'd been scrubbing the dishes after dinner -which you made- when he came to the counter. "Hey, why don't you straighten up the table and I get the dishes?"

You looked up at the leader and shrugged. It wasn't out of the normal for him to offer to wash the dishes, but the way he'd said it had set you off a bit.

You dried your hands and turned to the table to throw away trash and put everything in place for breakfast the following morning- only to see everything had already been done.

You turned back around to help Leo with the dishes again, going to insist on drying and putting away, but he'd blocked you from having any room to do anything.

Strange.

Donnie had been next.

Now you were four months and your belly had grown. There was an obvious baby bump from under the tank top you'd been wearing, a flannel over your arms because you'd been cold.

You were changing several lights throughout the lair that were too dim or blew out all together. One flickering light in particular had drove you up the wall and made you change them yourself, the thought of watching or asking someone else to do it making you shake your head. Why ask when you could do it perfectly fine?

Donnie had been working on a project, so you grabbed one of his tall ladders and got to work.

The purple clad turtle had come out for a simple coffee break, saying hi as he passed you into the kitchen- only to shoot out of said room seconds later. He was watching you as if he'd witnessed you murder someone, three fingered hands whipping around as if trying to flag you down.

"What in the world are you doing, Y/n? Get off that ladder, you could get hurt! What if you fall off?"

"The only reason I'd fall off is by your distraction, Donnie." You mumbled, screwing in a new light and watching it glow. You smiled in victory, hands on your hips.

But then you felt yourself leaning back. Arms waving to regain your balance, you'd not registered that Donnie had physically grabbed you off of the ladder himself, hands hooking under your armpits as if you were a child. You only realized this when you were back on the floor and Donnie scooped up the ladder. "I'll finish the lights... then this ladder is going away out of your hands. You need to be more careful, we don't need you hurt."

Six months in had been a bit harder, but you were still productive and continued to do whatever it was you did. You still had three months until you were more than likely to pop, which was far enough away in your mind that you decided to dedicate your day to scrubbing.

You wanted to deep clean.

Scrubbing the floors, the walls, counters, everything. You wanted to take everything apart, reach every nook and cranny, bleach away germs and stains and dust away any dust that lingered. You wished to polish and wash fancy jars that lined the kitchen, the boys never having used them so they gathered dust. You took the kitchen completely apart before putting it together again, you'd already scrubbed the walls and currently, you were on your hands and knees with a brush scrubbing every inch of floor the room had to offer. Though it had taken a while to get everything done and a bit of elbow grease had been required, it wasn't terribly hard. Your bump was at the annoying stage of getting in the way, but you were managing. Granted, now that you'd managed to get onto the floor you weren't sure how you were going to get back up. Maybe one of the guys would come across you when you were finished and help you to your feet.

After a particularly hard scrub at a particularly difficult stain on the floor, you jumped as someone cleared their throat. "May I ask what you are doing down there, child?"

Your eyes gazed up and towards Splinter, who stood in the doorway with a puzzled look as he admired your handywork. "Oh, hi!" You grinned and looked around the room yourself from your place, hands propping you up. "It's so clean, isn't it?"

"It is indeed," He hummed before looking back to your home on the floor. "Have you been working on this long?"

You glanced at the time and frowned, eyes widening slightly. Had you really lost track of time that bad? You debated on your response. "If I say no, would you believe me?"

"Unlikely." But he couldn't help but smile at the guilty look on your face. "Have you finished?"

"I only have this one section left, then I'll be done." You pointed at the patch of flooring that still needed scrubbed. Splinter nodded and entered the kitchen carefully before extending his hand in offering.

"Why don't you take a fast break to rehydrate, Y/n? I doubt you've given yourself much time for that today by the looks of it."

"Okay, just a few minutes." You took his hand and stood. For an old rat, he was very strong. You grabbed a water from the fridge and drank from it before screwing the cap back on and preparing yourself to finish the floor, but upon turning around, Splinter was on his own hands and knees scrubbing away. "Splinter!" You scolded, but it fell onto deaf ears.

"Why don't you have a seat, I doubt you've given yourself much of that today as well. And while you are at it, why don't you tell me what else needs done? I believe my sons have some work to do. They've allowed this home to be quite messy."

You did take a seat, but instead of listing things that needed done, you watched your father in law scrub at the flooring and thought about how you possibly could've ended up in a family this great, and how lucky your child would be to be a part of it too.

Even though they could be a bit overprotective.