Fifty Four

Moon walked into her camp as she saluted her seniors who waved her with smiles.

"Your friend is really good" one of them said as Moon wore a small smile.

"Yeah, she really is" Moon replied.

"Is she really Captain Pentecost babe? They obviously have something going" another one said as Moon's lips twitched.

"14 has never been the type to share her feelings or emotions with others" Moon replied as they nodded.

"Where's Cap?" Moon asked.

"His newest usual place" one of them replied as he yawned.

Moon stood up as she made her way towards the indoor swimming pool. She didn't know why London suddenly started spending a lot of time at the swimming pool.

She and London never got along; right from the beginning. He was strict and formal when he came to trainings and her seniors had no problems with him. Infact, one of them claimed to have a crush on him.

They never did understand each other or rather, she never did understand him and some of his actions. There were times he went MIA and others wouldn't bother.

And for fucks sake, Moon didn't have a single reason why she was going to the indoor pool. She opened the door and stepped into the pool as she sighted an inflated floater on the pool with London on it.

He was wearing light blue shorts and a white singlet showing off his lean long hairless legs. He had a sunglass that shielded his eye from only God knows.

The floater floated and moved slowly on the pool while London relaxed in it. Moon sat down at the edge of the pool as she removed her combat boots and rolled her trousers upwards before putting her legs in the pool.

The cold water gave her a sizzling sensation and Moon slowly padded her feet in the water as she took another glance at London.

She didn't know if he was sleeping or not but he wasn't moving nor was he saying anything. Moon waited for some minutes before calling out his name.

"Captain London" Moon called out as London slowly opened his eyes even though Moon didn't notice because of the sunglasses.

"Agent Moon, how can I help you?" London asked as Moon turned to him surprise.

"You were awake this whole while?" Moon asked as London folded his arms.

"So?" He asked as Moon pouted.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Moon asked as London shrugged.

"I didn't want to" London said as Moon pursed her lips again.

"Why do you come here these days? Is there something bothering you?" Moon asked.

"So you can find something to use against me? We are not close to that extent" London replied and Moon felt her chest get stuffy all of a sudden.

"I know we've had our differences and all but if you need someone to talk to. I'll be here" Moon said while London didn't reply or say anything.

"Instead you lend me your own ears" Moon said as she stared at the clear water.

"Do you think we can never meet up to 14? I mean, she's currently one of the best officers in the base currently. We all started our trainings together. But she easily blended in even before we could get a grasp of what we were been taught" Moon said softly.

"She's so good to the extent that an Elite team even tried to poach her directly and from what I heard, more elite teams might still come. How did she do it? Is it because we are inferior to her or what? Why is it that no matter how hard I train, I still can't match up to a quarter of her?" Moon asked as London sighed.

"Its actually nice to hear someone say he or she is jealous of Agent 14. Your reasons sound like excuses to me thought.  Do you want to know why 14 is ahead of everyone of you?" London asked as he adjusted his posture on the floater.

"Because she realized her goals faster than anyone of you. Something drove her to strive to be the best. Don't think she got lucky or something. She worked hard, she didn't just become better than all of you in one day. I admit that her learning ability is better than the rest of you but she did work hard to get to where she is"

"If you think practice would make you reach where she is, then you'll have to start practicing every minute and second" London said as he sighed.

"But neither of these means that any of you is inferior to her. In terms of maturity, a lot of you guys are mature than her. She gets riled up easily and even though she is she and you are you. You decide who you want to be, she has decided who she wants to be; the best actually but I'll tell you something; she's the best because she knows she has to be the best if she wants to stand beside Pentecost" London added.

"What about you? Do you want to be the best because you want to defeat 14? Isn't she your friend? Will that make any difference? Think within yourself, the NSTS is a large organization and there are lot of big names in this organization; just be who you are. Think about what you would do that would make your name a big name if that's what you want"

"But if you get a wrong motive to work hard like always thinking about defeating 14; you'll swerve off your path. You'll slowly lose your sanity and what's more, pardon me and don't take offence when I tell you that you really can't reach up to her at this stage. But then you are beside her because you are friends. You are the closest to her even though she shares nothing with you" London said as he removed his sunglasses and turned to Moon.

"Agent Moon, I want you to just be you"