Leaning toward him, she closed her eyes as he fastened the beautifully beaded mask for her as she in turn did the same for him.

Rey pretended to fumble with his mask as she took in his features, even though she already knew them by memory from her dreams of him over the years – only solidifying more as she spent more time with him. He was a gorgeous man with beautiful dark wavy hair, a regal face with moles sprinkled about, a strong, albeit, very large, nose, and full sensual lips that she wanted to suck on desperately.

She straightened when her eyes came in contact with his striking hazel ones, a smirk on his lips.

"Shut up," she smiled with a blush.

"I didn't say anything."

He kissed the back of her hand as the car rolled to a stop, and she turned to exit the door that was opened for her, Ben meeting her quickly at her side.

Taking his arm, Rey took in the finely dressed men and women around her as they made their way up the grand stairway into the venue where a brightly lit ballroom was filled with even more elegantly dressed people.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"Some champagne, if they have any."

"I made sure they stocked up on your favorite Dom Perignon," he grinned, kissing her temple before stepping away.

Rey smiled to herself as she wandered the room until she stumbled across a wall with several enormous photos of little boys and girls of all ages, descriptions of their tragic stories underneath each one. Her heart broke for each and every one as she read about their capture, what they were forced to do, and finally their rescue with descriptions of where they were now, many joining the foundation to help others like them.

When she moved to read about the next child in the following photo, she ran into an older, yet handsome man. "Excuse me. I am so sorry~"

"Nonsense, it was my fault for not looking where I was going," the British man said, his eyes widening as he took in Rey's appearance.

Rey smiled politely as she turned to read about the next child.

"Such a tragedy these children have gone through," he interrupted, dapping at his watery eyes.

"Yes, quite. As a child who was dangerously close to being trafficked herself, my heart breaks for each and every one of them."

The man gasped. "Is that why you are here tonight? I cannot imagine how it would feel to have such a vile thing happen to me yet alone when I was a child."

Rey smiled sadly as she stared at the photo of the young girl in front of them. "It truly is a frightening experience. Imagine being a happy child without a care in the world when suddenly grown men surround you, trying to lure you away from the only life you know... from what makes you happy... from what makes you feel safe. From my personal experience, the first few moments were terrifying... because I thought I would never see my family, friends, or anyone I knew again as they spoke about me as if I were a piece of meat to be sold at the highest price... to the highest bidder... I cannot imagine what these children went through or how they were used when I was so fortunate to have been saved."

Rey turned to stare at the man beside her, tears streaming down his face as he clutched her hand in both of his.

"I'm sorry," Rey laughed nervously. "Are you okay? I didn't mean to make you cry."

"I'm fine, my dear. I just need a moment, but thank you for sharing your story. It has deeply moved me and now I need to find someone to assist me."