December 1- December 2, 2012

Late Dec 1- Early Dec 2, 2012

Journal,

Breanna is gone...this is Carrie writing now. She made a stupid decision and....well, they took her. Jordan and I are safe but our leader is gone and I don't know how he's is going to manage this.

Late yesterday afternoon:

We ran through the woods last night, away from the men we could hear chasing us, shouting for us to stop. They promised they were only trying to help. Little did they know, we heard their conversation not ten minutes before.

Jordan, Bre and I were running hard, away from the sound of crashing footsteps behind us when I heard the first shot. It whizzed past my right ear, so close I felt the breeze brush through my hair. As it hit the tree right next to me I let out a squeal. Jordan snapped at me to shut up, I was giving our position away. I'm sure the snapping twigs and crashing sounds as we flew through bushes and underbrush weren't helping but I didn't respond. It wasn't quite the time to argue, I guess.

I heard a soft roar to my right and grabbed Jordan and Bre by the wrists, pulling them towards it. Jordan sent me a questioning look but didn't fight it as I pulled them through a final thorny bush and into a clearing. We stopped short at the sight ahead of us.

I KNEW it! I lived in these woods my whole life and know them like the back of my hand. I smiled at the rushing waterfall ahead of us, not so large we won't be able to get behind the sheet of blue water but large enough to offer cover. They wont be able to see us from even five feet away.

I ripped my sneakers off and told the others to do the same. We can't move very quickly in the water with our shoes on. After stashing the bags in a nearby bush I dove into the water, followed by the others. We quickly made our way through the rushing water and into the natural cave behind it.

It wasn't very large, only set back about four feet from the water but it was enough to hide us from view.

We stood in silence for what seemed like hours, listening to the men outside hacking at bushes and screaming for us to come out.

It was a close one, they were right on the edge of the narrow river the waterfall was filling. We heard them talking, could make out their blurry shapes through our liquid window. If they'd just looked in our direction for a moment too long I'm sure they would have noticed us pressed against the wall of rock, cheeks puffed out with our inheld breaths.

Thankfully, they left without a very thorough search of their surroundings, leaving Breanna, Jordan and myself to finally breathe.

"Well, should we be on our way?" I asked them, hope in my voice. I really didn't have a good feeling about Jordan sneaking off into their camp, at night, alone. Didn't seem like the brightest idea.

"We can't leave yet." Bre answered. Great to know she backed me up...NOT.

"I want to see about this breeding and feeding." Jordan chimed in. "Could we find somewhere a bit more dry though?"

"Come on then, just try to be quiet, they could still be nearby searching." I walked to the side of the water falling ahead of me and slipped out, into the river, to swim to the edge. The dry forest ground was welcoming after being sprayed by water the last ten minutes. Why didn't I think to grab extra clothes in that small town yesterday?

Jordan and Breanna each grabbed a bag. Bre tossed mine over and threw her own kit over her shoulder. We waited a few minutes, listening for any signs of their search before setting off to find somewhere dry to wait till nightfall.

"We could go back to that town." I said.

"No, they might see us walking back there and I dont want to be that far away before I have to sneak back. A fast run through of their camp, then we're getting as far away from here as possible." Jordan ruined my dreams of dry, warm clothes.