Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Lola's point of view.

Joe and I sat at the dining table, watching Evelyn scoff down her dinner as Lucy threw hers around the room.

"Finished?" I asked, smiling as the little girl in the high chair waved her sticky hands about, gargles filling the room.

After cleaning her up and leaving both her and Evie to watch an old film in the lounge, I began to clean up what had been left behind. As I dipped my hands in the soapy water, a pair of hands weaved around my waist.

"I want one." Joe whispered in my ear, kissing my neck as he tried to initiate something. I sighed tiredly, wiping my hands on my jeans.

"Want what?" I felt him nod towards the girls, his chin brushing against my shoulder. "Well, I'm sorry."

"Lo, we could always try. At least, that way, we'd be able to say we had a go."

I turned to face him, pushing his hands off of my waist. "I don't want to put myself through that kind of disappointment." My head hung low, almost nervous to look up and see his reaction.

"You're being selfish."

"Jo-"

"No, Lola. If you loved me, you'd try." He snarled, causing my to snap my head up.

"Don't go there." I spat, shaking my head as I wiggled out of his grasp, storming towards the lounge. "Don't fucking go there."

"Lola-"

I picked Lucy up, bouncing her in my arms as I encouraged Evelyn to join us. "I'm taking the kids home." Struggling to slip my laced shoes on while holding the two year old, I sat her on the stairs, before tying my laces and buttoning up the sisters' coats.

"Lo, I didn't mean it."

"Of course you meant it!" I growled, snatching my keys from the counter and gripping the girls' hands as they tottered towards the door. "You wouldn't say it if you didn't mean it Joe! Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I can't have kids, but I thought you'd accepted it. I thought you were the one person who didn't care, but you do!" I shook my head, tears pricking at my eyes as I opened the door.

"Are you okay?" Evelyn asked as she sat beside me in the front seat while I buckled myself in. I smiled slightly, her voice automatically making me feel better.

"How does a sleepover sound?"

---

A/N

Slowly losing motivation..

Does anyone wanna follow my Twitter? My name's bethanyr_xx.. My tweets r pretty good js

Love ya x

B x