Twenty-Eight (Explicit)

Start from the beginning

As Lyra was beginning to eat, a second year came in with a large bouquet of red roses. She felt her heart soar as the kid approached her with a smile.

"From a secret admirer." The girl said.

"Thank you," Lyra replied politely. She couldn't stop smiling at them.

George noticed Lyra was given flowers, he knitted his eyebrows together. This wasn't his doing at all. He felt his grip tighten around his spoon until it disintegrated into ash.

"Whoa, mate." Lee said worriedly. "I reckon you didn't send it."

"No, I didn't." He strained to reply.

"It seems you got some competition, Georgie. If you need to fight, I will throw Angelina into your corner."

Angelina slapped his arm hard. "Shut it."

"What happened to being mates?" George teased her.

"Since you are fighting over a Malfoy." Angelina had been anything but supportive with his decision to date her. When she found out she looked at him as if he admitted to murder. She's struggled to come around.

Lyra saw a card. It told her to meet them in an abandoned classroom. She wondered if this was one of George's jokes. She smiled up at her boyfriend. Perhaps he couldn't wait any longer.

After lunch she went straight to the classroom and she felt giddy. She opened the door and her smile deflated when she saw Terrence Higgs waiting for her.

"Terrence..." She breathed in utter shock. The heavy door shut behind her.

"I-I really am sorry for what Flint did to you-" She cut him off with a snort.

She crossed her arms bitterly. "I'm laughed at because of that little stunt. The girls tease me because you all saw my knickers. You didn't seem sorry at all that day."

"I am!" He hastily shouted. "Lyra... I-I fancy you."

She felt anger rise up inside her. This was another prank. "You are an unfeeling person." She hissed. "Where are they? Hiding in the cupboards?" She stomped over to a large cabinet and opened it to see nothing but a cloud of dust.

"Lyra! I mean it, I fancy you! You looked good at the Christmas party by the way." He was riddled with guilt and he just wanted to fit in with his friends and he realized he paid a massive price.

She stomped up to the tall boy. She searched his eyes and hated how sincere he looked. But it didn't matter, she was with George and she would never fancy Higgs.

"I was humiliated and my virtue was questioned from that stunt. I won't forgive you. I saw you laughing and it still stings because I thought you were my friend in the house. But I was proven to be wrong. Thanks for the flowers." She turned around and listened to his pleas but she slammed the door behind her, feeling better. She continued down the corridor. She would have a more happier day when she saw her boyfriend. She didn't know if she could tell him... It was only right for him to know, but she didn't want him getting really upset. She didn't want to ruin the date at all. She wanted it all to go well. She decided to tell him afterwards.

Lyra spent an hour before dinner, brushing her teeth and making sure she freshened up and smelled nice. She grabbed her black suede cloak with it lined with fur to keep her nice and warm. She was so excited and nervous. She noticed her dorm mates watching her and whispering, but she ignored it. She had overheard them talking, none of them had any plans, she thought maybe that's why they were looking at her, they were possibly shocked she found a date.

She waited until she was certain everyone left for lunch and skipped out to go to the astronomy tower. She didn't have a hard time getting there. She climbed the stairs, and her heart was racing and she wasn't sure if it was because of the exercise or her nerves for this romantic gesture. She held onto George's gift tightly, feeling frightened she'd trip and smash it.