Chapter 10: You Know I Wouldn't Hurt You.

"Hey, i'm sorry.." I say trying to reach out for her but she moves away. "Don't touch me."

"Y/n." she's not acting like her usual self and it's frustrating. "Drive."

"No." Her tears have stopped but she glares at me. "I said drive."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." y/n scoffs and looks out the window. "You really can't mind your business can you?"

No, I can't. I don't like that she won't open up to me and I hate that she's being so mean.

"So desperate to know how fucked up I am. Why? so you can run back to Ashley and laugh about it?"

My eyes widen and I grab her arm. "Hey." Her sad eyes finally look into my own, You know I wouldn't hurt you. "You know I wouldn't do that to you."

"Can we just go home?" Y/n whispers, she sounds tired so I let go. "Okay, let's go home."

There's subtle tension as I fill the silence. "She didn't actually bully you in middle school.. did she?"

"..it was my fault, I was a nerd that looked up to her. I wanted to be just like her."

She lets out a breathy laugh and sniffs, "Shit. I still do."

I don't want you to be like her, "I think this you is fine." Her lips tug into a small smile. "Yeah.."

she seems at ease by the time I get to her home. "I'll see you later?" I ask and she turns to me with a sad smile. "I think I'll leave you alone for now."

"What're you talking about?"

"I annoy you a lot, but it's time I stop and focus on myself. I'll start going to my classes and work hard to earn money! So I don't think i'll see you anytime soon."

what if I want you to annoy me?

"Then.. When will I see you again?" y/n snorts and ruffles my hair one last time, she loved playing with it.

"I don't know.. but hey, I wish the best for you and Ashley." she gets out of the car but before shutting the door she stops. "I mean it."

I smile at her, "You'll text me if you need me right?" you didn't text today when you were crying. Why?

"Yes, mom." I flip her off and she giggles.
"Bye, cutie." she winks but I can tell she's being playful.

"Bye, Y/n.." my hearts hammering as if it's trying to tell me something. why do I feel like this.. I want to grab her and tell her that I—

Two Months Later:
"I DIDNT FUCKING CHEAT ON YOU." Ashley screamed through the phone.

Matthew sighed, "Let's talk later, babe." and hung up. It was their third month as a couple, and a lot of things had changed.

It was stressful waking up in her apartment everyday, she would yell at him for asking about other guys in her phone, or making small mistakes. Ashley liked shopping and going to parties, she dragged him along only to leave him alone.

On a particular night his chest felt to tight and he needed an escape. Sitting alone in the bathroom, Matthew cried.

Why are we even together? What's the point? We have nothing in common.. She doesn't even talk to me as if we were dating.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰 {AURALESCENTXREADER}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें