I needed him to feel comfortable enough to answer more advanced questions on potions, yet I felt sick to my stomach going out of my way to please him.

I felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Snape was someone I liked well enough, which was why I could even consider the first option, but the blatant reminder of how I behaved in my past life deeply unsettled me. All semester I struggled with what to do, and at Christmas I made up my mind.

Professor Snape was not my mother.

Lily was my mom.

Professor Snape was a completely different person. If I could offer faith in Fenrir Greyback then surely I could do the very same to Professor Snape—no—surely I would do the same to Professor Snape.

So I entered his potions classroom—I had to use Alohamora, of course—and I placed neatly wrapped Christmas present on his desk along with a sincere thank you for being my potions professor.

I had no way of knowing if it would be thrown immediately in the trash, or accepted, but at least I took the first step in trying.

(‿‿)ノ⌒●~*

Once everyone returned from Christmas break things slipped back into a comfortable routine.

Well.

Some upper-years had renewed courage after spending time at home. They tried to usurp me.

I had to break their legs and sit on them until they begged mercy.  Yes, it was extreme, but they did try to legitimately kill me by attempting to throw me down the entire flight of moving staircases.

Third time, I had warned them, and I would snap their wands. That made them start to cry hysterically because they knew I would absolutely do that.

On a lovely morning I lazily trotted behind Hermione and Theodore, watching as the two had an out-breath discussion on Western v Eastern dueling. Theodore's eyes were becoming increasingly shiny as Hermione skillfully rebuked some of his arguments. I couldn't hear their entire conversation, but it sounded like Theodore was playing devil's advocate and Hermione was supporting how he truly felt.

Oh my God, I think he's falling for her, I thought as I watched Theodore gasping with glee as Hermione gestured something with her hands. Just kidding. Puberty hasn't hit any one of these babehs yet. But I think he might come to see her as a friend.

Huge yay for me. Converting the child of Death Eaters to being Pro Hermione was fantastic.

Behind me, I could hear Harry and Draco quietly arguing over Quidditch. There wasn't any heat behind it—they both supported the same Quidditch team—but I guess it was something to do with how the latest referee had disappeared during a match and reappeared in the Sahara Desert. They were discussing the benefits of making referees disappear, and whether it was worth the trouble.

Oh, my sweet Harry. Please don't kidnap those poor referees.

To my right was an extremely determined and focused Daphne Greengrass. She had even pulled her shiny strawberry blonde hair into a ponytail. She hated ponytails, but she was so dead set on kicking Theodore's ass that she was willing to make that sacrifice.

Neville was on my left, the honeypie was bright-eyed and happy. Consistent exercise and friends had already done wonders for the baby boy.

Further behind Draco and Harry were Tracey and Pansy who were encouraging Millicent. Lagging the furthest behind was Vincent and Gregory who were putting in an honest effort. Blaise was at the end, barely putting in any effort.