chapter #2

Aslam o alaikum guys

"What has gotten into you? You've disturbed the environment for the whole staff" Osman snapped at Aarhaan's back.

"Today she is getting married" Arhaan took a deep breath as his eyes glistened.

Osman silently stood beside him as they gazed at the city before them.

"I'm surprised that you still love her after what she did to you" Osman was annoyed knocking sense into his friend which he had lost after falling in love with Aaira.

"It was a misunderstanding" Arhaan replied. Osman looked at him in disbelief.

"There is a thing TRUST which is necessary if you really love someone.... She clearly never loved you Arhaan and if she had the misunderstanding then she could've talked to you but No, she slapped you and broke engagement with you" Osman reminded him everything which happened just a year ago.

"Why you repeat that incident every time?" Arhaan clenched his jaw..

"Because every time you forget that now she is not in your life and she hates you" Osman raised his voice at which Arhaan fisted his hands. He really wanted to beat his friend but closed his eyes momentarily to control his anger. Osman also sighed.

"Move on Arhaan... You can't destroy your life for a girl who is getting married... If on her marriage you are acting like that, then what will you do once you will see her happy with her husband.... We both know that you'll see her in every other function of your family.... Please Move on and show her that you're also living your life to the fullest without her" Osman gave an honest advice to Arhaan and patted on his shoulder before walking out of his office room.

It was true that he should've moved on but why wasn't he able to forget her, why with each passing day, his love for Aaira was getting deeper....

His phone vibrated in his pocket, he took out his mobile only to see his Mother's ID flashing on the screen which diverted his mind a bit.

"Aslam o alaikum Ami Jaan" Arhaan greeted his mother in calm voice but Aamina was his mother, she knew very well that her son was going through pain.

"Walaikum Aslam how are you son? You know I've cooked your favourite Biryani" Aamina played along, if he didn't want to show his sadness then she will also not scratch his wounds.

Arhaan loved his mother's every cooked dish specially Biryani, she was expert in cooking.... Although today like other days he didn't get excited to eat that Biryani with his dear mother.

"I'll try to be on time" He replied with not so much enthusiasm...

"Didn't Aarfa Aunty invite us for the wedding?" He asked all of the sudden. Aamina became silent. At first she thought to lie to him but she did otherwise because he would get so much disappointed if he gets to know that her mother lied to him.

"Yes they invited us but we are not going" She firmly spoke, Arhaan sighed.

"I want to go Ami Jaan. Please just this last time I want to see her even if she would be someone else's... I- I just want to see A-Aaira happy" Arhaan choked as lone tear rested on his eyelid but he controlled himself... Aamina's heart shattered knowing that she wasn't able to do anything for her son.

She prayed day and night for her son.

"Okay " Aamina gave up on her son's request and dismissed the call.

She cried a lot, only she and her Allah knew that Arhaan was innocent. He only loved one woman but Aaira never cared about his feelings and didn't trust him.