chapter 5

"Of course I knew," Shahad whispered harshly.

"How could they forget poor little Emily, scared for her life and hiding from the mafia." She hissed.

Emily took a step back feeling suddenly overwhelmed and light headed.

"So that explains this house then," Emily said in a panic stricken voice.

"I lived here, I slept here, I loved here. Until my father got us all into serious debt."

Tears were beginning to align her eyes and run down her pale face.

Shahad took a step closer.

"You were the missing piece. The missing person. You can make it all go away," Shahad looked at her mysteriously.
"You must pay for your debts," Shahad rambled on, "and when you come face to face with them when they arrive, they'll finally leave me alone."

Emily caught sight of the metal object in Shahad's hand, slowly backing up.

"Shahad, come on-," she said nervously.

That was all it took.

Swinging the metal object straight at Emily's head, Emily quickly ducked and ran, screaming and screaming and screaming.

Shahad followed almost breathing down her neck.

Emily tripped on the carpet, falling,

falling,

down.

She scrambled to get away from Shahad, only making matters worse for herself as she made an impact into a wall.

Cowering from Shahad's glare, she pleaded to be let go.

"Let's work something out-, please Shahad, we're friends! If you let me go I will never tell anyone and I will disappear forever-,"

One step.

Shahad took a step forward, staring at Emily's deep hazel eyes. They were filled with tears, and painted by the spirit of a young child.

Shahad raised the fire poker above her head.

Emily's scream echoed throughout the house, and there was a thud.

Her unconscious body hit the carpet and Shahad flinched.

Unconscious, but not dead.

The voice called out again.

Shahad angrily called out, "WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME. I DID WHAT YOU ASKED."

Oh but my dear, the sinister voice replied.

This is only the beginning.

Lamisa, Ariq and Alex finally met up with Haylie and Paige.

"Jeez, you guys sure took your time," Haylie retorted.

Lamisa rolled her eyes.

"It's not exactly easy with these two," she gestured to Ariq and Alex.

The three exchanged looks before bursting out in laughter, which still lingers in the air as one passes by.

(Time skip)

Emily awoke with her head throbbing. Her thoughts felt fuzzy, and her vision was blurred.

She was in a sitting position, she realized that much, before a light was turned on in front of her.

'Am I dead?' she wondered aimlessly.

When a voice spoke softly beside her, she realized not.

"It will all be over soon," it whispered.

Her wrists and ankles were bound to the kitchen chair she was siting in , preventing her from moving an inch. That was Shahad's doing.

She screamed. "Shahad LET ME GO!" and Shahad slapped her across the face.

"Shut the fuck up, and stay quiet," and Emily did so.

Shahad almost couldn't stand to look Emily in the eye now. It was painful to watch, but that was exactly why they did it, isn't that right.

It looked at Emily through Shahad's eyes. Watching. Waiting to appear.

"You have served me well, Shahad", It whispered once more, fleeing Shahad's body and making an appearance infront of Emily.

The body of what was once her friend was now mangled with a silky, web like substance.

She was slowly being wrapped up in something resembling a cocoon.

"STOP IT," Emily shrieked at It, and It turned to face her.

Several piercing eyes met hers, and held a stone cold glare.

When It spoke, the house rattled on it's foundation. Cabinets with dishes inside of them chattered, and the light flickered.

Ever so softly and dis-conjunct, hissing and plucking at sound, this much was clear.

"YOU," It said, "Are mine."

And It stumbled across the floor jaggedly, while Emily sat helpless in the chair shaking, closing her eyes, and repeating to herself that it was not real. That she would wake up and it would all have been a horrible dream.

Silence interupted, and Emily opened her eyes.

White, vast, empty, bloodshot ones looked in on her soul.

Breathing.

It's long nails stroked her pale face, cutting open her cheek, and sending a jolt of pain through her shivering body.

The silky web slowly oozed and floated from off of the creature standing in front of her, and slowly wrapping her up.

She tried to scream. She wanted to scream. To stop what was happening.

But her body felt heavy, and she didn't want to move. Emily's eyes felt glazed over, and tired.

That's right my dear, the voice echoed.

Slowly,

slowly,

turning.

Another DimensionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara