chapter 10

"Shahad, WHAT THE HELL." Haylie shrieked, kneeling down next to the girl.
"Are you hurt? Are you alright? What happened?" The questions piled up on top of one another. Paige looked shocked, and she and Lamisa both crowded around Shahad.
Worried expressions painted their faces.
"How dare you go missing like that, bitch, we thought you died!"
Shahad chuckled. "Well, here I am now motha fuckers, surprise surprise." She waved her hands slightly for exaggeration, watching the expressions on the girls faces.
The old Shahad was back.

Alex was still bleeding from his ankle where Shahad had clawed him, and both he and Ariq stood in shock.
Shahad motioned for the girls to start making their way back up the stairs, and they chatted to the boys for a brief moment to confuse the shit out of them.
After a moment of thought, they both seemed to gain knowledge of what was going on and tried to stall for more time. Time that they didn't have.
Shahad started laughing quietly at first, and louder as the girls joined in with her.
The basement steps creaked and groaned under the rushed weight as the girls hurried upstairs.
Shahad looked at both boys before they started to run at her.
"You get what you deserve. Bye bitchesssss!" And with that, she sprinted up the steps and slammed the door.
Ariq and Alex broke out into a run as the basement got pitch black. They slammed into the door, but it wouldn't budge.
"Let us out you mother fuckers!" Alex yelled.
"You backstabbing cunts!" Ariq joined in.
Shahad rolled her eyes playfully and grinned at the other girls.
They didn't need the two anyways..
"Move that bookcase in front of the door," she told them, smirking devilishly.
"Damn, this is heavy," Lamisa said, out of breath as they shifted a heavy bookcase in front of the basement door.

It had grown quiet after a few minutes, and Shahad started to know exactly why.
She turned to the other girls, glancing each one in the eyes.
"It's coming." She softly hissed, knowing her deal with the slimy git. She exchanged her soul for theirs. Unwillingly.
She could hear the floorboards creak below them, and Ariq and Alex sat on the steps.
The air became quite crisp, and a chill went down their spines. Shivers swept through the daylight, and the wind picked up.
The boys sensed someone in the basement, lurking.
Ariq took small breaths, trying to pretend he didn't exist. Alex sat still, heart pounding a mile a minute.
There was a shuffling sound at the foot of the stairs.
They both tried to scream so loudly at the top of their lungs, but it was almost as if their vocal cords had been ripped clean out.
A piercing sound emerged from the basement, causing the girls to shudder.
It stumbled up the staircase, clawing and groaning, hissing and screaming at the boys. It's long fingernails reached out in front of their faces, caked with mud and old blood from other children.
A light illuminated from above, flickering, It stood in front of their faces. Cackling like a demon, crying and chattering away.
Pale skin, covered in eyes and long scars, and a thin ratty fabric.
It shoved a long pair of fingernails into the boy's eyes.
Their screams would be heard throughout the rest of the day.
Their screams of known betrayal.

Shahad gazed up at the girls, unfazed by the crunching, ominous noise below them.
"We'd better get going," she told them. "If we want to find Emily anytime soon that is."
Everyone nodded in agreement.

Picking up their pace, the girls swiftly left the house to avoid any further disturbances. Everyone had shuddered as they heard the sounds from the staircase.
It was gone again, promising to leave Shahad alone.
However, every time Shahad asked about Emily, he turned cold and nasty. Promising to break their deal if things got out of hand.
This confused Shahad greatly, and she conversed with the group about it.

"I'm still so confused about this all," Lamisa facepalmed and sighed.
They had stopped a little ways ahead by the side of the road, discussing Emily's problem.
"What if we don't find her?" Paige spoke up, hinting weariness in her voice.

The girls all had a similar special bond with each other, and well.. in other ways, that had now improved. It was natural to worry and be afraid of the inevitable.
Even as it slipped from their grasp...

Emily watched them from the field across the way. She stared, numbly and painlessly watching them talk.
A cool breeze sent chills down her spine, but the girl stood still.
Studying the expressions on their faces, Emily wanted to walk over and join them.
She had made her deal.
Taking a step forwards, the leaves crinkled beneath her shoes. Emily's heart pounded in her chest, and she held her breath.
She turned around.
Never, would she be ready to face them.
Emily walked back to the house,
Back to It.

A/N: Hey y'all, welcome back again. It's been a little while, but I'm working on it. Promise. I hope you enjoy! Shout out to my 2 classmates, sorry not sorry. :)