chapter 4

Walking.

The only thing that was left.

The only thing that was felt.

Who knew.

Who fucking knew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The ground crunched and cackled almost in a sinister way back at Emily and Shahad.

Shahad knew that they were no-where close to town, and she was frightened of the truth.

That her plan was working.

'She'll never know,' a voice in Shahad's head whispered.

Shahad's eyes opened slightly wider as she focused her gaze on the road.

'10 more minutes,"

Off in the distance, a house came into view. This was the first time they had run into a house, and it felt as though they had been walking for hours.

Emily was the first to speak up as it came more clear, and into view.

"Who in the world would build a house this far away from a town or civilization," and she laughed.

Shahad nodded her head, and suppressed her feelings. She was boiling with such a rage and pain, that it might shake the very ground beneath them.

The two stood in front of the house and glanced at one another before smiling and walking inside.

The house was old and looked abandoned. Layers of thick dust covered the furniture, the fireplace barren, and it smelled of old wood, parchment paper, and of death.

Emily delicately ran her fingertips across the wallpaper in the halls, while Shahad followed close behind.

The old house creaked and groaned in the wind, and under the weight of the two girls.

Emily's eyes wandered and her thoughts drifted as she was frantically trying to piece everything together.

'Do it,' the voice said manically.

Shahad had grabbed the fire poker from the display beside the fire, and she was approaching Emily with it hidden behind her back, footsteps creaking.

By the time Emily had put it all together, it was too late.

She turned around, hands clenched and her body slightly shaking.

Her eyes were wide, and her pupils dilated as she looked at Shahad.

"You-," she started.

"You knew-."

A/N: Sorry, this chapter was really short for a reason. More is to be revealed in chapter 5.

STAY TUNED :DD

E.E.B.