Ch.2 Emily.

It's almost twilight, and Lilly and her father still hasn't found Emily.

Emily is the doll Lilly dreamt about having, she dreamt of her as a best friend to be found in London from the time she was in India.

"What do you say about continuing tomorrow?" Mr. Whitepine sounded tired from roaming around London's doll-stores. He gave up for the day.

But Lilly hadn't. She was determined to find her this day, before she's forced to go back to the school.

"Come on, father. Just this street, please. I really want to find her."

He looked at his daughter, with her pleading puppy eyes, which always won him over. He could never resist anything she asks for when she pulls out those eyes, "Alright, baby girl. Just this street. We'll come back tomorrow anyway if we hadn't found her."

Lilly jumped in astonishment, and hugged her father lovingly, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, daddy."

They checked every doll store they could see within their eye sight. But there was no Emily, even though it wasn't the end of the road, there were no more toy stores.

"It's okay, baby girl." Started Mr. Whitepine "We'll come tomorrow, and we'll get her no matter what. Okay?"

But Lilly wasn't listening, hence she was rooted in her tracked, gazing with her lips shaping a small 'o'. Her father looked the way she was looking.

It was a clothes-sewing store's window, where the owner had modeled some of his outfits. Between all the big ones, there was a Victorian sofa, sitting on it a small doll. It was wearing a red pretty dress and matching hat. Decorated with a white bow on the hat, and a yellow ribbon in the middle of the dress. Her wavy golden hair was flowing to the waist, making the hat stun in the eyes of anybody that passes her. And her sparkly blue-green eyes look as if it bore into the depth of your soul knowing the deepest secrets.

"Emily." Whispered Lilly, staring intensely at the doll. She'sactuallyhere, Ifinallyfoundher. Thought Lilly astonished.

Lilly's father got a hold of her hand, understanding his daughter's thoughts, and dragged her into the store.

The door's bell rang as they went in to reveal a store full of all kinds and colours of fabric, placed neatly around the store. On the right side of it was a glass-door cabinet, full of all clothes decoration you could think of.

The sales man was giving a woman a light blue paper bag, whom was holding a young grinning girl.

As soon as they left, the sales man faced them. "Hello, I'm Charles Austin. How may I help you?", asked the man.

"We want to buy the show doll you have." Blurted Mr. Whitepine out.

"Oh no, no, no no no." Rumbled Charles freaking out slightly. "I definitely can't give you the doll, it's the most rare doll to be found, and it fits perfectly in my store window. I'm sorry, but that's impossible. I'm so sorry."

"Sir," started Mr. Whitepine, "I am ready to give you any prize you offer, just to get the doll. It's really important for my daughter"

The sales man looked at Lilly, she had her hands clasped together next to her head, looking at Charles with pleading glassy eyes. When she noticed he wasn't budging, she all but said "Please sir, I came all the way from India to live here, I came with no one. And my father," and she pointed with her hand at her father, "is leaving tomorrow. I have no one here. But I've always dreamed of Emily, the doll. O always dreamt of her as my best friend. She'd be the one to lessen my sorrows. She'd be the one to accompany me in this big foreign town. I can't afford loneliness, I was always surrounded with friends. Friends whom loved me, and stayed beside me after my loss."