Chapter Fifty-Eight: What Bambi Eyes?

Start from the beginning

“So you really want to do this?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“But really Naomi,” Declan said. “Are you sure you want to-“

“She already said yes the first time,” Jordan told him. “Don’t make her doubt it. Just have her accept it before she can change her mind.” He looked at me. “You’re about to go through a sacred ceremony no one has ever seen-“

“Or done, because we never had to do this,” Declan added.

“Then why do I have to do this?”

“Don’t ask questions,” Jordan said as he continued, “Once you’ve gone through this ceremony, you’ll become a new person. But the question -shut up, I know I said don’t ask questions- anyway, the question still remains: do you accept the terms and agreements in going through this ceremony, for if you don’t, it’ll be blasphemy!” As he said this, he flashed a small post-it note with a couple of scribbles on it that I could barely see.

“Can’t I see it closer at-“

“Do you accept?” He demanded.

“Wait, could you-“

“Do you accept?” He repeated.

“Alright, I accept!”

He smiled. “Cool! Then let’s get to it!”

When he came back into the room he was carrying this huge book. He held it out in front of him then blew the dust out off it, making us all cough.

 “You know I have allergies.”

“What’s wrong with you? You don’t just blow dust at someone.”

“How did you get that thing so dusty?”

Jordan patted the rest of the dust off. “It’s really just dirt, I made it look dusty for affect.” Suddenly he held the book over his head. “Now behold! A sacred book with an even more sacred text for our eyes only!”

“What is it?” Declan asked.

“The Bro Code!”

“Of course it is,” Declan muttered.

“And why exactly do you have that?” Bennett asked him.

“This is what will be part of the musketeer ceremony where you will be knighted, I think that’s the term. A sacred text needs to be present and… Wait!” he exclaimed. “I’ll be right back. I forgot this one other thing.” Without saying what he forgot, he quickly left the room.

“What do you think he’s getting?” I asked them.

“His dignity?” Declan offered.

Bennett shrugged. “His intelligence?”

“That can’t be it,” I said. “You need a brain for intelligence.”

“Good thing I have one then,” Jordan said, walking back into the room.

“So what did you have to get?” Declan asked him.

“This-” he said as he revealed what he was hiding behind his back was a lightsaber. He turned it on and it glowed a bright green, and as it did it even had that special effect sound when you light up a lightsaber.

“Okay, that’s pretty cool,” I muttered.

“Bennett, as leader, you shall do the honors of knighting Naomi,” he announced. “Well, musketeer thee I mean, since I’ll knight you as a musketeer… Now I’m just confusing myself.”